When you ask the significant other to pick up oil

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're lucky. If I asked my wife to pick me up two bottles of oil for the car, I'd get one bottle of Mazola and another of Wesson!

Brand? Check!
Grade? Check!
Type? Well, a little diversity never hurt anything.
This is a minor error that my wife would probably not have made, but then given the stash she has patiently tolerated my accumulating, I'll not likely ever need to have her pick me up a couple of quarts.

I'm surprised she didn't come back with a 5w20 and a 10w30 or something, must have been out of one weight, so she got hi mileage in the same weight or vice versa

Originally Posted By: BHopkins
It looks like someone didn't give specific enough of instructions.

When my wife used to send me to the store to buy pantyhose, it would be very specif. Coffee color, control top, nude toe, size, and brand. Not enough instruction and I was not accountable for getting the wrong thing.

Oh, and be careful about pointing out that she got the wrong thing, unless you want to give her a good reason to tell you no next time.

I know the feeling. Mine just started resorting to talk g pictures of what was needed

Last edited by a moderator:
If she is smart, she will take your written detailed order description to the AP clerk and let him/her pick it out. :) That way there is only two people to screw up the order and neither is your wife. Ed

It's Mobil's fault. Mobil 1 should be the "original full synthetic". Mobil 2 could be the "high mileage full synthetic", Mobil 3 could be... You get the idea.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
...but then given the stash she has patiently tolerated my accumulating, I'll not likely ever need to have her pick me up a couple of quarts.

I am in the same situation. It will be a long time before I am in a situation that she needs to go buy me some motor oil.

Originally Posted By: WhizkidTN
That's an awesome lady you got there Is1Mike!

+1,000
P.S. i could not get mine to learn to check tire pressure and fill windshield washer fluid...

But she knew how to drive stick-shift before me...and yeah, better then me

Originally Posted By: ls1mike
I didnt say a word. I asked for Mobil 1 5w30 dexos...
All i said was perfect love you
smile.gif

Smart Man!
smile.gif

perfect blend for cars with over 37,500 miles!
at least they are both Mobil 1, your engine would explode if you used two different brands!

My dad kept bees, we always had honey, so mom would bake cookies with 50% sugar and honey...delicious!
both were sugars, just a different source .... like motor oils, all the same, only different

grin.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back