1994 dakota wsw failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 1994 dakota w.220k.p/s, at, non working a/c, Driving in a pouring rain last night the wipers failed on high speed. Today I checked fuses, they seen OK, and I hear the motor running. moving the system manually I hear a clunk under the cowl on the drivers side. before i start tearing tings apart, what should I need or prepare to buy?? Suggestions?? Thanks!!

WSW failure is too rare to give you any clues. If you are lucky, only a geezus clip went loose. I would be looking for a '94 Dakota fan boy site. Sometimes its an easy fix.
grin2.gif

You've probably lost a bushing that attaches the linkage.Dont know if that one has replaceable ones like prior Chryslers,but Dorman sells wiper linkage bushings for Chrysler products.There would be 3 on the typical vehicle,and the one off the wiper motor arm is normally
different than the others.

Of course the linkage arm attaches to the motor with a nut,maybe it fell off?

You'll have to take a look inside the cowl.

Stuff I've seen before would be a stripped spline on the wiper arm where it connects to the drive. That can be repaired by replacing the arm usually.

Or something in the linkage could have just snapped/popped off. You'll probably know as soon as you open it up.

Buying anything now would be a guess. Take the cowl off. Probably needs a new wiper transmission or whatever chrysler calls them.

Originally Posted By: NHGUY
You've probably lost a bushing that attaches the linkage.Dont know if that one has replaceable ones like prior Chryslers,but Dorman sells wiper linkage bushings for Chrysler products.There would be 3 on the typical vehicle,and the one off the wiper motor arm is normally
different than the others.

Agree. This a common failure for a mopar at that age. The bushings are some sort of soft plastic. They get hard with age and start to crumble. Easy to replace once you get down to it. Always replace all 3 at the same time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back