2016 F150 2.7

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just received my first sample for my 2.7 Ecoboost.
This is my second OC on this engine, I am following the IOLM and the first OC was right at 10,000 mi.
Oil and filter was changed at the time of sampling with the same Citgo 5w-30 that was sampled.

9,925 mi. on sample
19,925 mi. total on truck
Citgo SuperGard SynBlend 5w-30 sampled and refilled sump with same at the time of sample.

Fe..............36
Cr...............1
Pb.............. Cu...............7
Sn.............. Al...............5
Ni.............. Ag.............. Ti.............. V...............
Si..............45
Na...............3
K...............
Mg..............18
Ca............1606
Ba.............. P..............574
Zn.............576
Mo..............33
B................6

Viscosity @100C..7.7
TBN..............1.9

No fuel, water, or coolant was present.
Analysis done by Fluid Analysis

Silicon is high, hoping thats still to be flushed assembly leftovers. Viscosity is a bit low, but all in all I am quite pleased with the report, and with the TBN at 1.9 I will continue to follow the IOLM.

Please post your driving conditions and what octane level fuel you run. Glad to see another EB motor not having any fuel dilution. But I'm wondering if it's less of a problem with lower mile engines. As long as the viscosity doesn't get to low, it does look like the OLM is tracking nicely to the real world.

All of our fuel is delivered on-site, the invoice says reg 87 + 10% ethanol(BP). Driving is close to 70% highway.

Are you sure about fuel dilution? The sample is way out-of-grade for a 30 weight, and fuel contamination is the most-likely explanation.

I just reported what was reported to me. I agree its well within 20 wt. but all looks well.

Actually for a DI twin turbo engine it looks pretty good for almost a 10,000 mile OCI with a blend as the second oil change on this engine. Yes, it is in the 20 weight category but maybe that's why Ford spec's 30 weight oil for their Ecoboost engines instead of 20 weight oil. Considering the engine is still breaking in the overall wear for almost 10,000 miles on this OCI the engine wear numbers look good. Hopefully Ford is better at controlling oil abuse with their DI twin Turbo engines. I hope so because we have a 2017 Explorer with the 2.3 DI twin Turbo 4 that we need to keep for a long time.

Whimsey

does this lab use Gas Chromography test for dilution? love that Supergard oil .50 a quart rounf here, my kind of deal.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back