Glacier slow drivers rant

Status
Not open for further replies.
Virtus_Probi said:
That's my wife...when the light turns green, she looks each way a couple times to make sure nobody is blowing through the red and then crawls away in her peppy V6 sedan. I will give her credit for being consistent, even when we are in a huge hurry to get somewhere (like to catch a flight) she sticks with her relaxed ways. I will admit that she gets vastly better gas mileage than her lead-footed husband, even though we have vehicles of comparable weight and pep.
I am generally watching the cross lights and scan both ways on their yellow for possible morons who are going to blow through the red, and then am gone the moment I have the green. If somebody is blowing through their red, I pull out enough to catch their attention and then brake and blow the horn...I want them to know somebody noticed what they

I just sit still and blow the horn. Good way to get rear ended by the guy behind you, they are hitting the gas not expecting you to hit the brakes.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Know what really irritates me?
People who insist upon diving in front of me as I coast to a red light and then pause for several seconds when the light turns green, often forcing me to brake when that would not otherwise be necessary.
People really need to learn to time lights on their regular commutes.
These same oblivious types who insist on getting in front of me before reaching an intersection will then drive well below the reasonable speed on the rural two-lane that involves about fifteen miles of my twenty five mile commute. This road has a posted limit of 55mph but is easily and safely driven at any speed up into the young sixties. It's wide and smooth with few blind hilltops or corners and very good sightlines at every crossroad.
These are the same folks who get in the way on the interstate, since they can't seem to grasp the simple concept of drive right, pass left. They think nothing of sitting in the left lane for miles on end even though the right lane may be clear for many hundreds of feet. In a lot of interstate driving, the fools in four wheelers do as much or more to create unnecessary congestion as do the larger rigs and people towing their toys.

Yeah. People do that when I'm towing a trailer. I leave extra space for stopping, but that just makes some idiot think its okay to cut me off and get in front.

Originally Posted By: ammolab
You should vist Albuquerque...drivers there leave each light like it was an F1 start. Of course they burn out and drive 10 MPH over the speed limit only to hit the brakes HARD for the next red light.
And and inch of snow can bring the city to a standstill. They don't do snow worth a hoot in the Duke City. That 320 days of sunshine a year gets em a little goofy when the sky starts leaking.

Originally Posted By: AlaskaMike
I'm less bothered by those traffic turtles who crawl away from a stoplight than I am by those who seem to have a policy to always drive 20mph slower than the posted speed limit, regardless of visibility, traffic, or road conditions. Or those who are challenged when it comes time to merge from an on-ramp onto the highway, and choose to do so at 45mph or less when the highway traffic is moving at 65. Worse yet, those who accelerate up the on-ramp, only to come to a complete stop waiting for a pristine 2 mile long gap in traffic before proceeding.

The sad thing is that folks like that truly believe they're safer drivers because of those behaviors.

...and then there's the idiots who insist on driving 20 MPH over the limit, regardless of weather conditions...

20 over is close to "normal" - at least on the Interstate
smile.gif

Around rural, winding roads 37MPH is the new 30.

Speed limits haven't changed much in 75 years.

Brakes and handling are MUCH better than in the 50's.

Time to change - If we can BAN smart phone use

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
20 over is close to "normal" - at least on the Interstate
smile.gif

Around rural, winding roads 37MPH is the new 30.

Speed limits haven't changed much in 75 years.

Brakes and handling are MUCH better than in the 50's.

Time to change - If we can BAN smart phone use

20 MPH over the limit + distracted driving = disaster

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back