Oil for two cars

Status
Not open for further replies.
'13 outback 2.5 and '17 accord 4 cyl. I wanted to try some Kendall 0w20 synthetic oil today but I could not find it locally. I went everywhere. My wife will use either car for short trips maybe 8 miles round trip Monday through Friday. Spme weekends we go north 200 miles one way. Pretty much store we use is within 3 miles so we try to do shopping after work. We are located in northeast Wisconsin so eventually we will get hot summers and of course cold winters. The honda has the FF with 6200 miles and the Subaru has PP 0w20 with 41000miles on the car. I'm looking for advice on oil to use 1) short trip with a DI 2.4 earthdreams honda and 2) short trips Subaru 2.5 that is used mostly in the winter. Neither car burns any oil to date. The Subaru used to get Amsoil xl 0w20. I switched because it was starting to be an inconvenience to pick up. The Subaru oil is changed every 6 months I don't think it has ever gone over a 4500mile OCI. I'm going to use the Honda MM for OCI. So with that info what do you suggest to look for in an oil?

My recommendation is to use regular Mobil 1 (no need for EP based on your OCI and use) or Pennzoil Platinum. They are reasonably priced and available everywhere.

If you have a NAPA store near you, you can get NAPA full synthetic motor oil today for $3.49 per quart in several weights including 0W20. Sale ends today. Only store cheaper that I know of would be Rural King. Both are good.

Last edited:
Just saw on ad in todays paper for Rural King. Their synthetic oil is now $2.49/quart. Hard to beat that one.

Originally Posted By: skyactiv
Guys, Rural King isn't everywhere.

Yeah, I don't feel like driving 3 hours to Rural King when Wal Mart is like 3 miles from me
wink.gif

There are good deals after MIR on both PP and M1 ATM.
Either is a very good oil although M1 AFE would be the pick for a Wisconsin winter since it does offer superior cold numbers, and M1 EP 0W-20 is even better.
You should stock up using these and you'd be set for a year or two.
You'll end up paying less net than you would for RK's store brand 0W-20.

Blaines just had a sale on citgo and mobil products,,,, always keep an eye on Blaines , as a former cheesehead who had to relocate to the flatlands

Citgo's synthetic would do both your vehicles good or watch walmarts valvoline syn deals on line , I just got 6 5 qt jugs for just over 50 buspellingcks shipped to my door

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: 11crv
'13 outback 2.5 and '17 accord 4 cyl. I wanted to try some Kendall 0w20 synthetic oil today but I could not find it locally. I went everywhere.

I think Kendall is a great choice for your vehicles, but no worries. Just go to kendallmotoroils.com . With free shipping and no tax, the prices are AWESOME. Quick delivery too. Good luck!

This am I tried to order from Kendall but could find gt-1 max. I did email them and waiting for a response. Trying to find this oil locally has been like trying to find a unicorn.

Originally Posted By: AnthemBassMan
We do here in Ohio! A 5qt jug of Dexos approved synthetic oil for $11.99.
grin2.gif
RK%20Oil%202_zpswwkmfp8h.jpg

L8R,
Matt

Got mine on sale for $9.99 !!

Originally Posted By: 11crv
This am I tried to order from Kendall but could find gt-1 max. I did email them and waiting for a response. Trying to find this oil locally has been like trying to find a unicorn.

You think Kendall is hard to find, try finding the new Phillips 66 Shield Valor 5w30. I can't find it anywhere locally or online. I've contacted distributors, retailers, even Phillips 66 directly. It's as if it doesn't exist.

But just so you know, kendalmotoroil.com is Kendall's own website but kendallmotoroils.com is where you can buy it. I just ordered a case of the GT-1 Max this morning so I know it's there.

Originally Posted By: fins
Originally Posted By: AnthemBassMan
We do here in Ohio! A 5qt jug of Dexos approved synthetic oil for $11.99.
grin2.gif
RK%20Oil%202_zpswwkmfp8h.jpg

L8R,
Matt

Got mine on sale for $9.99 !!

Nice!!

L8R,
Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back