EcoBoost 1.6 octane

Status
Not open for further replies.
LOT'S of questions on the Escape.
The manual says 87 octane is MINIMUM. Further down it says premium fuel WILL improve performance.
Any of you all who own the EB have you ran the "good" stuff?

Don't know if this will help.I have 2013 Ford Escape with the 2.0 turbo engine. Currently at 110,000 miles with no problems. I also use a higher grade of gas from time to time. I use Shell for about 50% and will top of with the high priced stuff from time to time. Miles per gallon increase is very small.
Would be interested if you see any change.
Thank,
Ken

If it's anything like the 2.7 ecoboost, it can and will take advantage of higher octane fuel. I monitor the Octane Adjustment Ratio on my F150. 87 octane required, premium for better performance and towing. The ratio adjusts significantly when fuel is changed, and seat of the pants is more powerful on premium.

Originally Posted By: MNgopher
If it's anything like the 2.7 ecoboost, it can and will take advantage of higher octane fuel. I monitor the Octane Adjustment Ratio on my F150. 87 octane required, premium for better performance and towing. The ratio adjusts significantly when fuel is changed, and seat of the pants is more powerful on premium.

Interesting! I will tank it up when it gets empty and see what happens.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back