Craigslist idiots!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: gfh77665
Not going to tell a long tale, but suffice it to say 50% or more of the people on Craigslist are IDIOTS.

What the heck is wrong with people now days?

I hear ya!

I sold a car on Craigslist last year and had to deal with a few idiots. One guy texts with an extreme lowball offer so I reply with a "no thank you, but will consider your offer if the car doesn't sell in a week". He sent several texts after that with all kinds of nasty suggestions like stick that car up your &%$, you can go &%$# yourself, etc, etc.

So, because this guy was such an idiot, I used his phone number to get several insurance quotes and other things from internet sites that ask for a number.

I've been able to weed out the idiots on emails, usually. I still get annoyed by flakes though.

I've had a least one experience where we couldn't meet at the right time, so I just had them leave the cash under the mat for whatever I was selling. Worked out each time.

Originally Posted By: HM12460
What gets me cross threaded more than anything else about craigslist is most can't or wont follow simple directions. I always put (in caps even) "Texts and e-mails will be ignored" People still do it anyway. A 5 minute conversation shouldn't have to take hours via texting.

Its much easier to people to shoot a quick email/text now-a-days vs calling, though. If you only want to be called, you will eliminate over 50% of possible buyers, FYI. That's just how it is (and you're likely okay with 'missing' out on them).

Originally Posted By: HM12460
What gets me cross threaded more than anything else about craigslist is most can't or wont follow simple directions. I always put (in caps even) "Texts and e-mails will be ignored" People still do it anyway. A 5 minute conversation shouldn't have to take hours via texting.

To be honest, as a buyer, I prefer e-mail or text over a phone call. I like having a digital paper trail, and often times, questions can more easily be asked and answered that way.

And when selling, I don't like to put my phone number out there to the public.

Originally Posted By: gfh77665
(3) Guy sell a car on CL, basically a beater, clearly over priced. Thinking he just left room for negotiation, I offer him Kelly Blue book, NADA, Edmund's pricing, etc. and tactfully show him other comparisons. Guy gets irate at me,

Wow! What was the asking price and how much did you offer him?

I've had only positive experiences with CL and have gotten some good deals on items I've bought.
Yes, there are idiots on CL, but then there are idiots everywhere.
Some potential buyers can be pretty annoying, but imagine how bad this must be for those in the retail car business.
As often as we denigrate dealers and their staff, imagine dealing with idiots every day who don't have two nickels to rub together and can't possibly get financed wanting to test drive a new Corvette when they lack even a Spark budget.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back