Bought a 2014 Escape

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well, after much ado and silly questions here, we bought a ruby red Escape with the 1.6 EcoBoost.
Just had it a few days. Off lease with 38K on the clock.

Good luck with it!

I had a 2014 Escape as a company car and liked it a lot ... actually made me see that American auto makers, specifically Ford, were doing good things with their cars. It was kind of nimble, seemed to have nice acceleration and didn't give me any issues for the time I had it. I got it in the Sunset color which I was hoping was closer to a copper but it was closer to red than copper. It's actually because of that car we looked at the Edge for my wife and ended up buying one.

38 000? Wow upcoming fix is the timing (whatever belt or chain) probably 60k or 80 k
Yep it mean you ll have to find place to go while you wait for it to break (eventually)

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: yvon_la
Wow upcoming fix is the timing (whatever belt or chain) probably 60k or 80 k

I was just checking the larger maintenance items.

100k miles: replace platinum spark plugs, change orange coolant

150k miles: replace timing belt, change ATF (first scheduled change?!?), change orange coolant

Not sure I'd run the ATF and coolant out to 150k, but unless if other Escapes eat TB's I'd be tempted to go that far on it. Not sure that we've heard of a rash of EB problems with TB's on here?

OP, how are you liking the vehicle? I know a coworker has been looking at CUV's, and I recall him asking about the Escape. I don't follow CUV's so I couldn't help him. I'd think a 1.6L EB could be a fun ride in a small CUV.

A 2L turbo sounds fun, 1.6 not so much. I see Honda is doing similar with the CRV with a small turbo 4.

Will there be a Honda HTO17 oil spec forthcoming?

Congrats!
Hopefully you have the FWD version paired with that 1.6.
thumbsup2.gif

IMHO, the AWD only "works" with the 2.0. Anything less and the engine is overburdened.

Of course this is really a totally different vehicle but my 2004 Escape is hands down the best car I have owned in my 60 years. 130,000 trouble free miles.
The current Escape is on my short list for replacing my old one next year.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
Of course this is really a totally different vehicle but my 2004 Escape is hands down the best car I have owned in my 60 years. 130,000 trouble free miles.
The current Escape is on my short list for replacing my old one next year.

I agree, although our 04 hasn't been perfect, but it's been worked more than most. Highly versatile with just enough tow rating and HP to do the job. Didn't realize with the 2.0L in the new Escape has the same tow rating, and puts out more HP. Hmm may have to test drive one.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back