2013 Pentastar engine failure - feedback please

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: webfors
Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
OP,

How's the new engine?

Engine ran great for the 4 days I had it until we sold the van yesterday. You could definitely tell there was a new engine in there.

We purchased a new 2017 van, picking it up today
smile.gif

You basically had a new van, brand new engine, then you dumped it and wasted a ton of money on a new one
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Nick1994
OP,

How's the new engine?

Engine ran great for the 4 days I had it until we sold the van yesterday. You could definitely tell there was a new engine in there.

smile.gif

You basically had a new van, brand new engine, then you dumped it and wasted a ton of money on a new one
confused2.gif

There's more to a new van than a dealer installed long block
thumbsup2.gif

OP,

How's the new engine?

smile.gif

Good for you! With the incentives currently available on the 2017s, that's the route I wanted to go a few weeks back, but my bride didn't want another GC. Our 2013 treated us well and they really are great vans.

OP,

How's the new engine?

smile.gif

I suppose that means the real question is... will you use the 5w20 VWB in the 2017?

OP,

How's the new engine?

smile.gif

I suppose that means the real question is... will you use the 5w20 VWB in the 2017?

2017 Dodge GC manual specs MS6395 5W20. Right spec, right viscosity, and a nice large stash to use up. Answer = yes.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/3jhtjlhbt27io9d/2017-04-24 06.13.36.jpg?dl=0

Originally Posted By: JTK
What trim level Grand Caravan did you get? Any differences between 2013-2017?

SXT with the following groups:
Uconnect Hands Free
Tow
Security
Power Window

Generally the same van with more options. My last van was the CVP/AVP, with minimal options. We had the bench in the second row in the CVP, no power windows in the second/third row, no remote start, and no bluetooth/sirius satellite, no tow group, etc.

I noticed some sound deadening foam in the front quarter panels that wasn't there in the old van. The new van does seem quieter/smoother (less engine/wind noise).

Originally Posted By: JTK
Wow! You went from base model to the about the fanciest you can get. Nice!

Definitely an upgrade. We already used the stow n' go second row to pick up a 4 piece leather couch/chair recliner set off Kijiji. Slid the whole couch in the van without having to remove that bench seat
01.gif

The auto up/down power windows is nice. The second/third row power windows were the biggest motivator, next to the tow group. No more wind buffeting with the front windows down, which made it unbearable to have the windows down at medium to high speeds.

Now I just need to learn how to get along with the Uconnect lady
crazy2.gif

I noticed some sound deadening foam in the front quarter panels that wasn't there in the old van. The new van does seem quieter/smoother (less engine/wind noise).

I don't know if it's model year related or the trim level related, but my 2015 Crew is also quiet and smooth, on par with the competition.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ

I don't know if it's model year related or the trim level related, but my 2015 Crew is also quiet and smooth, on par with the competition.

Yep, our 2013 was smooth, quiet and rattle free. It always had lots of high idle (cold) engine noise and a healthy growl from the engine under heavy acceleration. The unladen ride was a tad stiff and would get jittery from the rear with the solid beam rear axle. Overall, a smoother and quieter ride than the 2008 Honda Odyssey it replaced.

Our new to us 2016 Nissan Quest is definitely the smoothest riding MV we've had yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back