Springfield Armory XD-E New DA/SA sub compact gun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Its a cool gun IF they ditch the safety. I dont need a safety on a carry gun, and I SURE dont need a safety on a double/single action gun.

I won't buy it in its current configuration, but if they get rid of the safety I will probably pick one up.

The grip zone marketing is mall ninja LAME.

It reminds me of a Taurus kinda.

Originally Posted By: JDM396
I'm not sure what market they're trying to appeal to? DA/SA guns are on their way out.

Nope they're making a comeback!

I'm not sure what market they're trying to appeal to? DA/SA guns are on their way out.

I think they have a great appeal. The small nine market is huge and the DA/SA sets them apart from the striker fired guns. I am just not sure if that's a safety only or decock only, it could be either.

Looks like it can be carried cocked and locked. The safety lever is a combo decock lever too. Press up for safe and down for de cock.

I don't anticipate they will have any issues similar to what Remington is dealing with lol

I would like to try an XD Pistol someday but living here in the people's republic of Massachusetts the powers that be say we can't own one! Seems they feel they are more dangerous then other pistol makes! Glocks as well.

I like the options that it gives users, like the HK USPs: decocked or C&L. It's slim enough but it's, according to the website, 5" in height like a G19. Not many single stacked hammer fired DA/SA pistols though to make other comparisons. P239 is 5.1" in height.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: user52165
Springfield Armory USA...................Made in Croatia

Just like the HS-2000 was, which is the pistol every Springfield Armory XD ever built since 2002, is based off of.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/HS2000

"The HS2000 was adopted by the Croatian military and law enforcement as a standard issue sidearm and continues to fill that role today. In 2002, Springfield Armory Inc. negotiated licensing rights to the US market, and changed the name to the XD-9 (X-treme Duty 9×19mm Parabellum). Springfield Armory has since expanded the line to include ten models in three different calibers and five different cartridges, seven barrel lengths, and six finishes (black, black bi-tone, olive drab, olive drab bi-tone, flat dark earth, and flat dark earth bi-tone)."

Although I'm not getting the,..... "Three different calibers and 5 different cartridges", part.

The hammer looks like it will still snag easily. I would have gone with a more rounded old school commander type hammer personally.

But I never was a fan of the XD, so I am not interested in the design. Even if I was, their shenanigans of late turn me off to ever giving them a dollar. I will stick with the PPS for a small single stack poly gun and if I want a small hammer fired gun the CZ rami BD will be my go to.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0...-for-carve-out/

Springfield just lost my support.

Yep. I just purchased an EMP4 a few weeks ago. As an Illinois resident, I'm extra salty. I've always wanted an M1A as well, not likely going to happen anymore.

I would look into a James River Armory M14 then. It is a bit more, but it is also built a bit better.

I don't like the XD because I don't like the gun. I don't allow politics to dictate what type of guns I buy. Many times it's just plain stupid. For example, you still have people who won't buy a Smith & Wesson because of the whole Clinton / Ed Shultz deal that never materialized. Or won't buy a Ruger to this very day, because of Bill Ruger's comments regarding Hi-Capacity magazines. Forget the fact the man has been dead for the last 15 years. Or the fact there is no one left employed by that company with the last name of Ruger any longer.

Originally Posted By: billt460
I don't like the XD because I don't like the gun. I don't allow politics to dictate what type of guns I buy. Many times it's just plain stupid. For example, you still have people who won't buy a Smith & Wesson because of the whole Clinton / Ed Shultz deal that never materialized. Or won't buy a Ruger to this very day, because of Bill Ruger's comments regarding Hi-Capacity magazines. Forget the fact the man has been dead for the last 15 years. Or the fact there is no one left employed by that company with the last name of Ruger any longer.

I'd typically agree, but if SA directly funds and continues to fund an organization that makes it more expensive and difficult for me to purchase firearms, the least I can do is vote with my wallet, at least while there are other options out there. If they drop the support or change there stance, I won't hold a grudge.

Originally Posted By: Robenstein
Originally Posted By: EdwardC
https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/2017/0...-for-carve-out/

Springfield just lost my support.

Yep. I just purchased an EMP4 a few weeks ago. As an Illinois resident, I'm extra salty. I've always wanted an M1A as well, not likely going to happen anymore.

I would look into a James River Armory M14 then. It is a bit more, but it is also built a bit better.

Thanks! If/when I'm looking to buy, I'll take a look at it. I'm still holding out for CMP to get that batch of Garands.

Originally Posted By: 901Memphis

Nope they're making a comeback!

Just bc its making a comeback doesn't mean it makes sense to buy one. In a SD firearm IO want every shot to be the same. To each his own.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back