Rotella T6 5w30 Multi-vehicle?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'd love to try this stuff
35.gif

Pretty sure I saw it at a local super-grocery store (Wal-Mart, Meijer) or maybe it was a Farm and Fleet.

The local distributor hasn't even heard of it yet. Now, perhaps Shell should have been sending emails, brochures, web links, or something. But, I get a little nervous when someone selling these products isn't motivated enough to have some desire to seek out knowledge about the latest in one's own product line, if not the entire industry as a whole.

If I were the local distributor, I'd be asking Shell why they took so long to bring an E6 lubricant to North America, not telling customers on the phone that I've never heard of such a product in the first place.

Originally Posted By: Virtus_Probi
Maybe it's been held back because of the lack of output from SOPUS' Pearl GTL plant in Qatar?

Yeah, with free feedstock and massive throughput capability, I can see where that facility would be having output problems.
More likely, this is just SOPUS doing its usual incompetent job of distributing product.

Originally Posted By: fdcg27
Maybe it's been held back because of the lack of output from SOPUS' Pearl GTL plant in Qatar?

Yeah, with free feedstock and massive throughput capability, I can see where that facility would be having output problems.
More likely, this is just SOPUS doing its usual incompetent job of distributing product.

The Pearl plant was down for quite some time and this was discussed quite often on BITOG...here's an example.

https://bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubbthr..._Pe#Post4383175

The Pearl plant was down for quite some time and this was discussed quite often on BITOG...here's an example.

Of course, none of this explains why the local distributor has never even heard of the product. Shell didn't come out with it, and share it with BITOG members only and with confidentiality agreements, at that.

SOPUS seems to offer phantom products routinely.
How many have we seen over the years that existed on paper but were rarely if ever seen in the wild?

That's hard to say. Some have been harder to get than others, and some were limited geographically. But, a 5w-30 E6 lubricant is what's been lacking in their lineup. Chevron, Castrol, and Mobil all have one in North America.

It's unfortunate that the mainline Shell/Pennzoil-Quaker State distributor in this province is in the sticks. And when someone in Saskatchewan says something is in the sticks, you can be rest assured it is in the sticks.
whistle.gif

Mobil 1 High Mileage 10w30 is probably a better choice now that it's SN rated.
..And always available.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back