Just want to brag a little About My OPE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I shuffled the mowers and the snow blower. The electric start IH started easily. The 20611 Toro GTS and the Predator started on the first pull. I use MMO in the gas and run the carbs dry after every use.
grin2.gif

I did the snowblower/mower shuffle a few days ago. It's amazing how long the snowblower ran on (what appeared to be) a splash of fuel left in the tank. Sucker ran for 30 minutes! Try that when you need it and I'd barely get out of the garage. LOL.

My equipment always fires right up after seasonal storage; it's no big deal if you prep them properly before storage.
21.gif
The only thing special I have to do on my lawn tractor is use starting fluid on the first start of the season. That's because I drain the gas before storage, and the mechanical fuel pump cannot pump the fuel through dry gas lines and the dry carb just by cranking. The engine needs to spin at a higher rpm for a few seconds in order for the fuel pump to get the fuel to the carb. Once the carb bowl is filled, it fires right up. That's the only time I ever need starting fluid; the rest of the season the tractor starts fine without it.

Originally Posted By: andyd
I shuffled the mowers and the snow blower. The electric start IH started easily. The 20611 Toro GTS and the Predator started on the first pull. I use MMO in the gas and run the carbs dry after every use.
grin2.gif

So the engine started in spite of your using MMO??

Originally Posted By: Donald
grin2.gif

Yah, and it smells goo-ood
grin2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Donald
grin2.gif

Yah, and it smells goo-ood
grin2.gif

I've added a little MMO in my gas can for the mowers for years. I have a 25 year old Craftsman II mower with a 3.5hp Tecumseh engine that still starts on the first or second pull.

L8R,
Matt

I was pretty impressed with my mower a few weeks ago on it's first start. It is pretty new (
I store mine wet with a super stabil dose in it.

My chonda vertical shaft mower with its modern well-sealed vent system and a dose of stabil, knock on wood, works like it was just parked yesterday.

The Greyhound snowblowers are more cranky.

I didnt drain the gas out of the troy bilt honda powered mower.

it had 1/4 tank.. loaded it up full with 93 octane e10

Turned on the fuel.. started on 1st pull.

The hitachi leaf blower started on last year's 90 octane gas.. 2 pulls.

I have my work cut out for me in the 2 stroke dept.. I need to mix a small batch of 32:1. The Husqvarna 322L weed wacker will only run on choke. The Mantis is always a dice roll. Any thing that cuts needs sharpening too. Everything has a plastic gas tank except for the Predator. I store that full. Push comes to shove , I'd rather deal with bad gas than a rusty tank. Predator runs on my 2 stroke mix, so no trouble yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back