GPS speedometers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'd just use a Garmin GPS or similar

Ditto. I like mine. I plug into the cig lighter. It comes on when I start the car, and turns off when I take the key out (outlet is switched by the vehicle). It comes up to an initial screen but after a minute or so it goes to the map. And shows vehicle speed. I only touch my the GPS if I want to type in a destination.

I presume no state inspection to worry about?

Does the odometer still work?

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Originally Posted By: SirTanon
I just went out and took two more pics so you can see more of what the app can do.

The first is one I set up when I first started noticing misfires in my engine, prior to getting the head worked on. I keep it as-is because I think it's useful to know how how my cat is getting, what my engine's vacuum looks like, and because I suspect my EGR might be going:

The second one I just made up to show you what might be a good "everyday" kind of screen. I forgot to add the "Distance to empty" display, but you can see it in pic#1.

That's sweet!! My phone is an iPhone 6,I wonder if a similar app is available? I'll have to look.

Supposedly, there's a version for the iPhone, but apparently the Bluetooth adapters don't work with them, so you'll have to get a wifi version of the OBD-II adapter if you want to use your iPhone with it.

.. another option, if you're lucky enough to find one, is to see if someone is selling an old android phone for cheap on Craigslist. Wipe it, install Torque on that, and use it.

Something like this Galaxy S3 in San Antonio for $25, for example.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: supton
Originally Posted By: Nick1994
I'd just use a Garmin GPS or similar

Ditto. I like mine. I plug into the cig lighter. It comes on when I start the car, and turns off when I take the key out (outlet is switched by the vehicle). It comes up to an initial screen but after a minute or so it goes to the map. And shows vehicle speed. I only touch my the GPS if I want to type in a destination.

I presume no state inspection to worry about?

Does the odometer still work?

Yep,odometer still works. Thankfully Tx doesn't require a working speedometer for state inspection.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back