Fram Ultra Filter Size

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is there a web site that gives out just the Ultra filter numbers so I could check the size of each filter. I looked a the Fram web site but could not find what I wanted.

ROD

What exactly are you trying to determine?

The number part is the same, only the letter part changes

PH8A, TG8A, XG8A, etc etc etc

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: rrounds
Is there a web site that gives out just the Ultra filter numbers so I could check the size of each filter. I looked a the Fram web site but could not find what I wanted.

ROD

Cross it to the equivalent Wix filter on their site, they have better dimensions.

ROD

Try www.oilfilterdata.com

Not exactly what you want, but likely to be helpful.

Originally Posted By: ARCOgraphite
No, you want to continue to use that FILTECH $14- dollar gold lump px004 on that s2000.

That is a good filter.

Sorry, but I use a Baldwin B202 or B7042 on my S2000 and have for over 100k miles.

ROD

I'm building a buggy with a dual remote oil filter set up. I can run any thread and almost any size(diameter wise) and I'm trying to find the filter on line because most stores don't stock all the XG filters. I would like larger rather than smaller oil filters and I like the XG line of filters. The one thing they will need is a by-pass in the filter, don't care what psi the by-pass is set at because with two, I don't know if they will ever see by-pass. Plus the larger the filter the less the psid.

ROD

Here is the filter I run on my S2000(B7042)

Left is the Baldwin, middle is the Honda and on the right is a Wix for the S2000

RRounds,

If you can build any size or thread adapter, then definitely go with twin oil filters from a 7.3 Powerstroke or 5.9/6.7 Cummins.

Both of these are available in the Fram XG series, but are about $18-20 a filter, I believe.

Combined, they'll flow well over 80-100 gpm. You will not need a bypass valve - - - EVER.

I'm building a buggy with a dual remote oil filter set up. The one thing they will need is a by-pass in the filter, don't care what psi the by-pass is set at because with two, I don't know if they will ever see by-pass.

Rod, I honestly think dual XG8A will be MORE than enough for any situation, especially a buggy.
You can get a case of six on ebay for $24.

With some thread adapters (also on ebay) you can run dual XG3976A if you are REALLY OCD about all this.

But dual XG8A's can handle the flow of even the wildest big block engines and will never go into bypass.

Hey, if you want to go REALLY unique, copy the 3-4 filter set-up on the huge Cat and Cummins V-12's and V-16's. Each filter holds about a gallon of oil!

I thought about using the XG8A but could not find any info on the flow(GPM) of the XG8A filter. That is why I was looking for larger filters, the XG8A would be easier to mount, cost less and can be found at almost any auto store.

Thank's for the info on the Cat/Cummins filter set up but I'd need a bigger engine just to haul all the extra weight.LOL

ROD

I thought about using the XG8A but could not find any info on the flow(GPM) of the XG8A filter.

Read from the point that this link opens up at: LINK

Originally Posted By: ZeeOSix

Read from the point that this link opens up at: LINK

Yep, and the XG8A is easily TWICE the oil filter the little XG10060 is that Motorking spec'd.

I'm betting a solid 20 GPM through a single XG8A without any issues, and dual XG8A's will handle the flow of almost any possible buggy engine imaginable.

The XG8A is pretty much the biggest best overall filter money can buy, it's even the filter they use to quote the 32 gram maximum holding capacity for the Ultra lineup, compared with the XG3600 which is a similar compatible thread size and pretty large in its own respect only holds 13-15 grams.

Both of these filters flow crazy numbers I would imagine.

the XG8A flows around 15gpm. To get to 20 you need a racing filter. If running a remote mount and you want the end all filter, use the HP6. Flows 22 gpm, holds two quarts, 200 psi operating pressure, 500 psi burst pressure. Total overkill but seems that is the direction your headed. I ran a 2275 buggy with one remote mount XG8A and oil was always crystal clear.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back