08 Nismo 350Z (VQ35HR)/Motul XClean 5w40

Status
Not open for further replies.
I apologize in advance if this is a double post. I originally posted in the Euro oil subsection of the forum without scrolling down to find this subsection.

CONCERN: Lead level increase

How's it going everyone? I had a quick question in regards to a recent black stone report. So I've ran Motul for the past year and a half. The first and second change was on Motul's 8100 XClean 5w40. Any reason to be concerned about the rise in lead levels? I would assume the moly can contribute to the lead reading.

Here's a small breakdown on the maintenance aspect of the car (08 Nismo 350Z VQ35HR). It does see one to two track days a year. [4x20 min sessions for NASA AZ, ambient temps between 80s-100s]

-Magnetic oil drain plug; crush washer changed each time.
-OEM nissan air filters changed at 15k give or take (FR interval at 30k).
-HKS Superhybrid oil filter

Current oil/filter: Motul 300v 5w40 with HKS Superhybrid oil filter, new OEM filters.

Fuel: Chevron/Shell 91 octane; last tank was on Sunoco 100 octane to rule out a fuel issue. Car is tuned using the Uprev software.

Engine use: Mix of street/highway/track use

Mileage as of April: 39700 miles

Here are the three reports to show some trends.

Mobil 1 0w40 Report

Motul X Clean 5w40 Report 1

Motul X Clean 5w40 Report 2

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Reddy45
Motul 300V is a motorcycle oil right?

They make 300v for automobiles as well.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
Your Mobil 1 uoa was perfect. Go back to that oil asap.

I'm going to try it again in the future. Nice to see another Z owner on the forum!

Is your engine alright? From your oil analysis it look like you got issue with it? Did you break it or someone else did? (coolant leak , engine break down .i would check the wiring harness .make sure its about half an inch from any metal .wire from alternator to start or have to be kept appart from each other and away from anything else .if this is ok .something is going on in your engine. Or happened .its like the engine is badly adjusted . Do you have a pre ignition issue? From this oil analysis it look like you got a pre ignition issue . Or post ignition

Originally Posted By: AdrianOilFreak
though I have seen Pennzoil leaves wax in the oil pan

Trolling.gif

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
Is your engine alright? From your oil analysis it look like you got issue with it? Did you break it or someone else did? (coolant leak , engine break down .i would check the wiring harness .make sure its about half an inch from any metal .wire from alternator to start or have to be kept appart from each other and away from anything else .if this is ok .something is going on in your engine. Or happened .its like the engine is badly adjusted . Do you have a pre ignition issue? From this oil analysis it look like you got a pre ignition issue . Or post ignition

Broken in properly. I would assume that the anti-lag feature could have contributed to this on the recent report. This is a video of what it looks like.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBbFOgwUO1c

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back