MOBIL 1 20K oil filter

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Originally Posted By: Kruse
I would imagine a parts store would have a fair amount of shoplifting that would mess up their inventory more then an employee putting an oil filter back on the shelf.

Keeping inventory is one of the first accounting practices which must be instituted to run a business in a logical manner. I'm sure that auto parts stores track inventory.

Most people try and steal LED lights and then they go to another store and get store credit...

We catch them all the time..

Originally Posted By: Dyusik
Someone posted one here a bit ago. Pleat spacing was looking like the tearolater, making me wander is the media prone to the same troubles as the puro brand.

I looks like a regular filter.. I mean a FRAM ULTRA cartridge you can tell its high end.

Originally Posted By: E150GT
we just fired one of our guys thats works in the warehouse for taking material that was damaged and selling it to our customers.

WOW that sucks... I would never ever do that... thats horrible.

I like to sell customers the best stuff.. Hate it when customers buy the cheapest stuff..

I like OEM / OES

TIMKEN / DENSO / HATACHI / KOYO / AKEBONOS

It drives me nuts when people put 19.99 brakes for front brakes on there NICE car.

Sometimes I say to them how important is stopping to you... When i sell brakes and they ask me for advice.

When i sell a battery I ask them how important is starting your car.. then I advise FLAT PATE AGM..

Basically I like Actually OE parts / the good stuff.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Ethan1
Doesn't it mess up inventory if you put them back on the shelf?

Yes it actually does...

Originally Posted By: Dallas69
I've never heard of someone not taking a filter that was included in an oil deal.
Maybe wanting to swap for a different brand but never just giving it back to the store.

Happens all the time.. Like the person has a car that Mobil doesn't have a oil filter for..

Or the person wants a MANN oil filter for there BMW or BENZ or JAG or VW..

They dont want a oil filter in the combo so they just want to buy the oil at the special price and buy there own filter in onther brand most times its MANN

Or sometimes the Mobil 1 Oil filter is not in stock or not available and we have to order it...

Originally Posted By: WobblyElvis
Please...... David1
Cut the filter open !
You can do it.
You can do it.

I will.... Just have to wait till have some time...

I have 2 so Im going to cut 1 open

Also I use only use HAMP or A01s on my honda
so just give me some time.. b/c when I cut one open I have to do it the old fashon way..

When I hand saw.

Takes some time

Originally Posted By: David1
I got 2 Mobil 1 20K oil filters from work basically for free... At work they have a deal when you buy 5 QTs Of Mobil 1 oil and you get a Mobil 1 20K oil filter for 29$ well there is always a guy who says I dont want the filter I only want the oil and I always have 1 filter handy that just so happens to fit my car near by so I can scan it and give them that deal and they just give me the filter.

** I Dont always do that** Most times I just put them back on the shelf... but I wanted to see this filter..
I have 2 so I might cut one open.

11m8f3m.jpg

15xoc4y.jpg

Here is a cartridge filter I took a pic of at walmart and it dont look like anything special.

2h4zs5h.jpg

Has anyone else cut one of these filters open yet?

That appears to just be a basic paper filter. 20k miles? No thanks! I wouldn't run that more than 5k-7k miles personally.

+1

Synthetic blend media on the M1 versus full synthetic media in the FRAM Ultra. FRAM Ultra also cheaper. It's a no-brainer which one to use if they are looking to run it for a full 20,000 miles.

If the M1 oil filter can do 20k without problems, then the FRAM Ultra can do 30k.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back