08 Nismo 350Z high lead help

Status
Not open for further replies.
How's it going everyone? I had a quick question in regards to a recent black stone report. So I've ran Motul for the past year and a half. The first and second change was on Motul's 8100 XClean 5w40. Any reason to be concerned about the rise in lead levels? I would assume the moly can contribute to the lead reading.

Here's a small breakdown on the maintenance aspect of the car (08 Nismo 350Z VQ35HR). It does see one to two track days a year. [4x20 min sessions for NASA AZ, ambient temps between 80s-100s]

-Magnetic oil drain plug; crush washer changed each time.
-OEM nissan air filters changed at 15k give or take (FR interval at 30k).
-HKS Superhybrid oil filter

Current oil/filter: Motul 300v 5w40 with HKS Superhybrid oil filter, new OEM filters.

Fuel: Chevron/Shell 91 octane; last tank was on Sunoco 100 octane to rule out a fuel issue. Car is tuned using the Uprev software.

Engine use: Mix of street/highway/track use

Mileage as of April: 39700 miles

Here are the three reports to show some trends.

Thanks in advance for looking.

Mobil 1 0w40 Report:

Motul X Clean 5w40 Report 1:

Motul X Clean 5w40 Report 2:

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks like your lead fluctuates...probably due to conditions or driving. For the most part it is 0 or 2 ppm. Looks like this change was winter, was the previous high lead UOA also winter?

Last edited:
That could be a possibility. The last change was about mid-march in AZ.

I'm actually looking forward to seeing how this next sample will pan out.

Originally Posted By: edwardh1
quit changing the af at 15k

The only reason I did that is due to the dust levels in AZ.

I change air filters a day or so before an oil change. That way dirt i introduce through changing the filter, hopefully goes out with the old oil.

Originally Posted By: KE_1508
Originally Posted By: edwardh1
quit changing the af at 15k

The only reason I did that is due to the dust levels in AZ.

I would install a restriction gauge if you want to get the cleanest air through as long as possible

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back