2016 F-150 5.0 V8 / 5w20 / 5351 on truck / FF ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This is my sister's and brother in law's truck. They bought it certified with 5,000 miles on it.

I could not determine if this was the Factory Fill or not, the guys at the dealership didn't know beyond what the Carfax report said. On the Carfax it said that "recommended service performed", which would not be an oil change if you go by the maintenance schedule. I would have thought that the wear numbers would have been much higher for a factory fill at 5K.

What do you guys think? Any thoughts or comments on keeping this truck going for the long haul are appreciated.

Last edited:
For an engine with a little over 5K miles in total it looks very good. I have a feeling the oil might have been dropped early by the PO, moly seems low for a FF, as well as wear metals.

The used oil sample is good and serviceable.
Looking at the metal wear rates being on the 'relatively low' side for a 5000 mile engine, I would speculate this drain isn't an original FF.

Originally Posted By: demarpaint
For an engine with a little over 5K miles in total it looks very good. I have a feeling the oil might have been dropped early by the PO, moly seems low for a FF, as well as wear metals.

Agreed, probably was changed once before.

TBN would have. Een a strong telltale here; but even so I agree that it has been changed, and fairly recently. Don't worry if metals jump up in the next UOA.

The Coyote is a solid engine. They can pick a good synthetic and follow the IOLM.

I'm doing a thick vs thin test on the same engine I will try to post back here when complete so I can suggest a grade....same engine in the Mustang can use up to 5w50...not going that heavy in the test though LOL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back