20 year old spare (donut) tire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I still have the original, 25 year old donut spare in my Accord. I've never had to use it, but I would if I had to. The things are not made to be driven at high speeds or long distances anyway; they're just meant to get you home or to the nearest repair shop so you're not stranded in the middle of nowhere. If you drive the way you're supposed to when you have a donut wheel on, even if it did fail, you won't have a catastrophe.

Originally Posted By: exranger06
I still have the original, 25 year old donut spare in my Accord. I've never had to use it, but I would if I had to. The things are not made to be driven at high speeds or long distances anyway; they're just meant to get you home or to the nearest repair shop so you're not stranded in the middle of nowhere. If you drive the way you're supposed to when you have a donut wheel on, even if it did fail, you won't have a catastrophe.

If you have a "donut spare" that old you could be stranded out in the middle of nowhere. It doesn't matter if it's seen any sunlight or not.....the rubber is still TWENTY FIVE YEARS OLD.

Maybe it's perspective on where you live. Here in the west you could be a good 100 miles in the middle of no where in 100plus degree heat. Back where you are from there is really NO-middle of no where.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back