Napa Gold 7356, 16,000 KMs Cut Open.

Status
Not open for further replies.
This was off a 2006 Honda Civic Si. Seems like it made it up to 16K KMs / 10K Mi without a sweat. Used QSUD on this run. Put Castrol 0W-40 and another filter Napa Gold back on. Not sure what that sliver is from on the fourth picture. Will check it out in the morning but it looks like glue. Forgot to get a picture of the inside of the filter canister but there was nothing in there.

I7QzYjh.jpg

lxjabwE.jpg

eeBDzp7.jpg

wijDmzB.jpg

0M7RLFd.jpg

That filter looks fine and probably could have done more easily

Even the oil remaining on the last photo looks clean.

Thanks for the pictures. Typical Wix quality.

Wait is on for my local independent NAPA to have the NAPA Gold oil filter sale.

Looks good! Thank you for posting
smile.gif

Why are you using 0w40 though? Seems kind of thick, especially for Canada. Was your OCI the one determined by the MM?

Originally Posted By: zzyzzx
I thought that filter was only rated to go 7500 miles?

Wix/Napa Gold is rated to the manufacturer-spec OCI

Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

Why are you using 0w40 though? Seems kind of thick, especially for Canada. Was your OCI the one determined by the MM?

It's eating oil. During that OCI it used 2 quarts. Just giving it thick oil to see what happens. Probably using HDEO 10W-30 next. Something in the 11-12CST zone. It's not that cold in my part. Comparable to Seattle, WA weather.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
What's up with that thingy looking like a black rubber band?

Its was a piece of junk that stuck to the filter. I don't know how it got there. It wasn't glue either.

Got a couple of Napa Golds for the Sierra 1500. Was planning on two 5k OCI's from one filter. Risky? Or safe? Engine is well-maintained with 5k OCIs and the truck currently has 29k on the odometer.

Originally Posted By: Sierra048
Got a couple of Napa Golds for the Sierra 1500. Was planning on two 5k OCI's from one filter. Risky? Or safe? Engine is well-maintained with 5k OCIs and the truck currently has 29k on the odometer.

Sounds like your engine would be like new inside based on the maintenance and mileage, so going two 5K OCIs on a NAPA Gold should be no problem.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog
smile.gif

It's eating oil. During that OCI it used 2 quarts. Just giving it thick oil to see what happens. Probably using HDEO 10W-30 next. Something in the 11-12CST zone. It's not that cold in my part. Comparable to Seattle, WA weather.

Originally Posted By: Lubener
What's up with that thingy looking like a black rubber band?

Its was a piece of junk that stuck to the filter. I don't know how it got there. It wasn't glue either.

A non-VCM Honda eating oil? Might pop in a new PCV valve...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back