Kit to Add a CAF to my car

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2010 Challenger that doesn't have a CAF, but it does have the housing where one would go if equipped. I heard stories and read forum posts about a kit that can be installed in these LXs w/out CAFs that would allow me to install a CAF and reap the benefits of having a filter there instead of just wire mesh.

However I have been unable to find one if these kits for sale anywhere. Anyone done this to their LX? Thoughts? Concerns? Where did you get yours?

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: The_Nuke
Cabin Air Filter

Oh yeh. The Forum title would have been a bit of a clue if I'd noticed it. Sorry.
blush.gif

I wouldn't normally use an abbreviation so many times in one post, but i authored it on my phone using a browser that wouldn't show me but 1/3 of the input box i was typing in. So i was mainly just trying to get the post posted with semi-understandable words and sentences.
crazy.gif

It depends on the car - some have a filler panel that you can pop out and either the filters will slide in or you can order the tray that would slip in. Others might need to get a new blower or cowl assembly.

Easy way to find out is to take out the glove box and look for a filter door or see if the cowl has a service panel. If not, you might need to go to the the local junkyard and see if they have any wrecked LX cars that you can take a look at the blower assembly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back