Full brand oil filter??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone know anything about the Full brand oil filters that NAPA sales?? I've never heard of them.

THey are made in Thailand. There's a Full and a Full Premium. Worldpac sells a lot of them at very low prices.

Originally Posted By: The Critic
THey are made in Thailand. There's a Full and a Full Premium. Worldpac sells a lot of them at very low prices.

That's what I thought when I saw the thread title! It's an easy misunderstanding to make.

Probably a foreign company that poorly translates to English. Kind of like the “S/h/i/t/o tools” brand.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Macgyver452
Probably a foreign company that poorly translates to English. Kind of like the “S/h/i/t/o tools” brand.

FULL Oil filters are OEM... Not OEM / OES

but they are OEM. The FULL are not bad oil filters... they are acutally pretty good.

I just took one off a Honda and it did have a silicone ADBV and it looked just like a Honda A02 but it has steel end caps

also some FULLs have that M shape plete design

The looks like there is 2 FULLs

the middle and the one other NON NPN

CaS7Neu.jpg

PqGTvQe.jpg

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: David1

but they are OEM.

Can you explain that? I don't understand.

I think he means that you won't find one on an engine on a new car on the lot, nor is it quite like a Motorcraft, which we know is always by Purolator. I think he means that Full supplies certain OEMs when contracted to do so, but just don't do so on a perpetual basis, like Motorcraft/Purolator. It seems to me that Nissan filters, for instance, are always changing, so perhaps they make them for Nissan on occasion.

Some Full literature I saw some time back claimed they made some OEM filters, but didn't say much more than that.

Originally Posted By: kschachn
Originally Posted By: David1

but they are OEM.

Can you explain that? I don't understand.

OES / OEM

they explain it very good on world pac site

OES = GENUINE

OEM = Meets GENUINE Specs and branding...

The Difference Between OEM, OES, and Aftermarket Parts

It is believed by many that OES (Original Equipment Supplier) parts have to be purchased directly from the dealer. OES parts are made on the same assembly line as the OEM(Original Equipment Manufacturer) except it goes through a couple added steps. Branding of the part or stamping with the manufacturer logo IE: HONDA, and then gets wrapped and labeled in the manufacturers packaging. This OES part has just become more expensive to the consumer because of theses added steps and inflated by numerous middlemen. Due to the regulations of the ISO (International Organization for Standardization) certification there are quite a few OEM companies on the market because multiple OES brands are required. For the Auto manufacturers to have a steady supply on the production line, they must have several supply sources that provide them with equal quality parts. This ensures if a manufacturer has any problems with one supplier it will not disable the vehicles production and allow for substitution of other brands for production, repairs and warranty replacement.

Aftermarket parts are copies of the OEM part. These parts are made to be a more economically feasible replacement parts than an OEM part. These parts are usually carried by your retail “chain” parts suppliers and are intended to be sold to the “do it yourselfer” who is more concerned with price than quality or longevity. However in my experiences there are some aftermarket companies that take OEM parts to the next level of quality. MOOG suspension components being a good example, they take for instance a ball joint, reverse engineer the part and and then recreate a replacement part that is of a higher quality. These products are most of the time equivalent in price to an OES part but carry an outstanding lifetime warranty.
In conclusion, there are several options to meet your repair, service and budget needs without sacrificing overall quality.

ALSO EXPLAINED HERE

OEM (Original Equipment Manufacturer): From a manufacturer of any Genuine part

When used in online forums, OEM is generally used and understood to be synonymous with OES (below). When purchasing parts online, however, OEM can sometimes be used to note a higher level of quality, and it may or may not mean OES, depending on the vendor's interpretation. Reason to be aware of the difference, is that some parts vendors don't always use these terms the same way and list OEM and OES separately.

When the same company differentiates between OEM and OES, this part can be made by a company that manufactures and supplies a Genuine BMW part. These parts are sold from the manufacturer directly to suppliers and retailers, as opposed to through the dealer network. Parts from the manufacturer may or may not be used by BMW, but are of higher quality and can often be had for a much lower price.

OES (Original Equipment Supplier): From the manufacturer of that specific Genuine part

When the same vendor lists this separate from OEM, the company that makes this part is the same company that supplies it to BMW. A company may manufacture a dozen parts but only be the supplier to BMW / Honda / Nissan ECT for one of them. Parts labeled as OES are the ones that ultimately become the Genuine BMW part, and usually have the BMW logo ground off if purchased outside the dealer network. All other parts the company makes that aren’t supplied to BMW / Honda / Nissan ECT can be referred to as OEM in this instance.

Again, when used in online forums, OEM is generally used and understood to be synonymous with OES, but some parts vendors are known to use these terms differently. So, depending on where you buy online, it's safer to assume that OES is always OEM and OEM is not always OES. When used in online forums, they are typically one and the same.

Here’s a quick analogy to help better visualize the differences above:

I own a small bakery that sells pastries and desserts to local restaurants, as well as to walk-in customers.

If you’re out to dinner at a restaurant and order a slice of pie, I originally made it and sold it to the restaurant, and the restaurant resells it as theirs. This is an OE Genuine restaurant piece of pie with the restaurant’s name and reputation associated with it (at the restaurant’s higher price).

If you go down the street to my bakery, you can buy that same slice of pie directly from me, made with the same ingredients and from the same oven. This is an OES piece of pie since it’s the exact same pie I supply to the restaurant (I’m also able to sell it at a lower price).

While you’re in my store, you might want to try a piece of cake, as well. This is an OEM piece of cake, because I don’t supply it to the restaurant like I do the pie. As a customer, you would hope that if I make good pie, I would make good cake. I would like to think so, too, but the restaurant may prefer cake from another source (better quality, more cost efficient, etc.), so the pie is referred to as OES, and the cake, along with everything else I sell, is OEM.

This same analogy can be applied for all the other items used in the restaurant’s menu.

As far as aftermarket goes, that’s another bakery opening up that doesn’t supply deserts to the restaurant whatsoever. The bakery may use poor ingredients or they may use superior ones. Either way, they don’t supply anything to the restaurant so are neither OES nor OEM.

ANOTHER

OE, OEM and OES (Factory) Auto Parts
OEM (original equipment manufactured) and OES (original equipment supplied) many times are one and the same. OE, of course, is a more generic term that refers to the brand that came as original equipment on the car. Most auto manufacturers assemble cars from purchased components and manufacture only the sheet metal components.

OEM/OES vs. Aftermarket Parts
The true "aftermarket" part is one that's been copied from the OE part. In many cases, this is done to offer a lower cost alternative. But in most cases the benefit of the lower price is far outweighed by its major disadvantage - it's usually an inferior product and ends up costing you much more in the end in avoidable repairs."

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Loi
Full oil filters are manufactured in Thailand by Siam Filter Products.

http://www.siamfil.com/

Thanks for that info
thumbsup2.gif

They probably make most of the Thai filters we've heard of, including Denso and all the other "Japanese" filters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back