What dash cleaner/protectant won't fog windshield?

Status
Not open for further replies.
One thing I notice after using black magic is after a few days the windshield will have an oily film on it. I mostly see it in the mornings when its cool.

Try Aerospace 303 Protectant. Leaves a nice satin shine which IMHO is better than the super glossy ones, and dries quickly.. and most importantly, is non-greasy.

Originally Posted By: SirTanon
Try Aerospace 303 Protectant. Leaves a nice satin shine which IMHO is better than the super glossy ones, and dries quickly.. and most importantly, is non-greasy.

This. Best dash dressing ever. It's also water soluble so you can dilute for even more matte finish.

I just use 1Z cockpit premium, I will never use any dressing on my dash...or interior for that matter,and most of my customers are the same. Just simple and clean. 1Z does have UV protection, but like all professional detailers eventually realize, the UV claims of all these products are usually bull.

I just stick with Meguiar's Quick Interior Detailer, which does not leave behind a sheen or film. Doesn't attract dust.

OP, maybe you're applying too much product? I use Armour All and spray the towel ( not the dash) and get a nice finish that not glossy.

Originally Posted By: KingCake
Originally Posted By: SirTanon

This. Best dash dressing ever. It's also water soluble so you can dilute for even more matte finish.

Now here is a man that knows what he is talking about.

preferably I wouldn't use any dash dressing. 303 (if you want a "dressing") and Meguiars interior details are both solid options if you want to use something on your dash. Most dressings with a sheen or shine tends to release more gasses when combined with the dash. Gas = fog

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
preferably I wouldn't use any dash dressing.
+1
keep it simple, this is the recommendation I give all my customers.

When I was in high school (1979-83) my car was a 72 Catalina handed down from my parents. The dash was cracked in several places. I lucked into finding a really nice dash on a similar Catalina in a wrecking yard. Replacing a dash is quite a job, let me tell you. I was religious with my Armorall and Son-of-a-Gun treatments after that. I went to classic car shows in the 80's. I asked the guys what they used. They said best to use nothing and that once you start using the stuff your dash becomes an "Armorall addict" and you can't stop using it. Dashboards are very different now and they generally don't fade and crack as readily. Of course, how could I tell? My current car is garaged and in a parking garage at work. I prefer to dust the dash and wipe down every few months with a damp microfiber cloth. Most dashes are so wide you will be unhappy if you do anything to make it shiny (reflection off the windshield hits you in the eyes).

Get window tint that blocks UV and use a windshield screen when parked outside for any length of time and you won't need any protectant.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
Surf City Dash Away available on Amazon, money back guarantee as well. Enjoy!

Satinsilver turned me on to this product and it has worked better than any other I've ever used......and I detailed for my living. BUY IT! It also serves many other purposes equally well, google it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back