Toyota Techs....I always had my suspicions

Status
Not open for further replies.
AS effective as those on BITOG that just throw parts at a repair.....

Amazingly he is doing more under the hood than some techs I've watched shoot the breeze hungover with Ozzy blasting complaining about how this girl they hit on had thrown a flaming shot at their face last Saturday. Then...."pow!" they slam your hood so hard it changes the body gaps. Job well dun!

Oh no not another Scotty Kilmer video.
33.gif
Sorry I didn't mean to insult the monkey, he's cool.

Originally Posted By: CKN
And the dealers don't?

Originally Posted By: HerrStig
Originally Posted By: CKN
And the dealers don't?

A little story: A buddy of mine that has since retired from running around the Country with the NHRA circus, has been a Salesman at a BMW Dealership for several years. He tells me that when he started there, they still had Tech's that were capable of diagnosing and fixing problems. Gradually, all of those capable Tech's have left to start their own repair businesses.

What the BMW dealership is left with, are parts-changers that hook up a scanner to read any codes, and then proceed to just replace assemblies until the problem eventually (hopefully) goes away.

It can get pretty expensive for those people whose cars are out of warranty..

Ideally, that's how it would be in all cases.

Back when I worked as a Master Tech at a dealership and some independent shops, the attitude from Management in the industry seemed to be to fleece the customers for all you can get. That rampant corruption lead me to leave the consumer car repair business. From what I've heard from friends and former colleagues, at least that aspect has improved.

The dealerships have the advantage of seeing vast numbers of cars-sometimes with similar issues and know what needs to be done to fix it.

I expect dealer bashing here.

Even thou most forum members on here-are amateurs at best-I do realize there are some professional, certified mechanics on this board-who can fix something right the first time.

Last edited:
how did you guys get that video on youtube?
That monkey is the top mechanic at my local toyo dealer. Look at the speed he orates with.

Originally Posted By: Trav
Oh no not another Scotty Kilmer video.
33.gif
Sorry I didn't mean to insult the monkey, he's cool.
You... y.. you mean that dropping my defective catcon into a bucket of soapy water won't make it work again??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back