Programming Door Locks 2002 4Runner

Status
Not open for further replies.
For the life of me, I cannot figure out to program the door locks on my 2002 4Runner. Everybody says to read the manual for instructions. I cannot find it in my manual. I have searched.

All I want is for ALL the locks to unlock after I put the car in park. That is my first priority. IF I could make them lock after the 4Runner got going around 15-20 mph that would be a great bonus.

If neither of these are possible, is there a way to shut off all the "automatic" door lock stuff?

I've been living with this for 6 years and I finally decided to try and fix it.

Last edited:
From a safety perspective I do not want my locks to unlock when I park, I will choose when to unlock my vehicle.

Vehicles are transitional spaces and I have seen enough car jacking videos that I wouldn't want mine to unlock automatically.

I would search YouTube if you want to learn how, maybe there's a video for your vehicle.

Originally Posted By: Gebo

All I want is for ALL the locks to unlock after I put the car in park. That is my first priority.

+1 on that being a really bad idea.

I have. Apparently they are not programmable based on my responses. I figured you guys are smarter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back