Can't find torque spec for 2010 Genesis Coupe!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a 2010 Genesis Coupe with 160,000 miles on her. She's been good to me but it's time to start replacing suspension components. Vibration at 65mph, slight thunks when hitting speed bumps or small holes in the road, and creaking when turning slowly into parking spots. For a while she's been pulling right. Had multiple alignments. Replaced tires. Shocks/mounts/struts replaced. Unless the steering rack itself is bad - which I am wondering because it feels like the wheel wants to center slightly right, I have come to the conclusion the ball joints and bushings are wearing out and sagging or have extra play in them.

I ordered a new set of control arms from RockAuto that has new bushings and ball joints already installed, and will be replacing tie rod components as well, but the problem is I cannot find the torque spec for the inner tie rods anywhere. Dealership couldn't tell me. Genesis forum couldn't. Firestone couldn't tell me. The old one on the right came off at about 75lb ft, so I put it back on at the same with threadlock. However, I want to do it right for the other side when I replace it soon. Anyone know a ballpark number or how to find the exact one? Because it isn't in the service manual oddly enough.

I will of course be getting an alignment after this as well.

Last edited:
When I did the steering rack on my Liberty, I couldn't even get a torque wrench on the nut that holds the inner tie rod to the rack. I just took my 18" adjustable wrench and snugged it down, with some blue loctite. So far so good!

75ft-lb reads high. Breakaway will be typ much higher than initial torque.
What is fastener size and rating? That would give you a idea.

Originally Posted By: rooflessVW
Save This Link - All Hyundai Owners

Is this the site that used to be free, but now they charge for it?

It is.

When I owned a Hyundai this site offered free service manuals. Then they added a paywall. I haven't checked it in several years, but unless they've changed again it's now a pay-to-play service.

EDIT- I just logged in with my old credentials and here's what I found:

Hey OP, do you have a local library or state service that gives you online access to service information? Many libraries offer this.

In the past, it was offered through my local library. Now, I access it through a state library. It's easy to access from any computer. All the vehicles I've checked have included all the service info from the factory service manual.

I have the factory service manual the technicians would use and it doesn't have the inner tie rod torque which is why I am surprised. Can't find it anywhere. It has the outer tie rod end torque but not the inner. The breakaway torque was all I had to go by. Not sure on the size of the thread on the inner tie rod end, it's a pretty large thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back