Canadian Loblaw Stations to Become Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
I haven't seen this posted yet. I wonder if they'll just be using Imperial Oil gasoline. It would make the Top Tier matter seamless (i.e. think Esso Synergy), and ExxonMobil is a big shareholder in Imperial Oil anyhow.

Would that apply to Royal Canadian Superstores? We don't have a physical Loblaws here but RCSS is a Loblaws company.

Originally Posted By: Farmer
Would that apply to Royal Canadian Superstores? We don't have a physical Loblaws here but RCSS is a Loblaws company.

Yes

Originally Posted By: Garak
I haven't seen this posted yet. I wonder if they'll just be using Imperial Oil gasoline. It would make the Top Tier matter seamless (i.e. think Esso Synergy), and ExxonMobil is a big shareholder in Imperial Oil anyhow.

Word on the street is, it's the same stuff as Esso. Don't know if its true or not though.

It would make sense if it were, given that Mobil and Esso are trading names of the same big company, and Exxon and Mobil are Top Tier in the States and Esso is Top Tier up here. It would be the path of least resistance. Have Imperial Oil deliver to both, both receiving Top Tier stuff.

It's interesting to note that at least for now, the PC Plus points system will apply at the Mobil stations. It's a fairly lucrative rebate for customers, so we have to see how long that lasts. Petro-Canada recently revamped their setup, and got rid of the CIBC Petro-Points Mastercard, for which I don't blame them. A couple months ago, I made $30 in Petro-Points without having set foot in a Petro-Canada all month.

It would make sense if it were, given that Mobil and Esso are trading names of the same big company, and Exxon and Mobil are Top Tier in the States and Esso is Top Tier up here. It would be the path of least resistance. Have Imperial Oil deliver to both, both receiving Top Tier stuff.

It's interesting to note that at least for now, the PC Plus points system will apply at the Mobil stations. It's a fairly lucrative rebate for customers, so we have to see how long that lasts. Petro-Canada recently revamped their setup, and got rid of the CIBC Petro-Points Mastercard, for which I don't blame them. A couple months ago, I made $30 in Petro-Points without having set foot in a Petro-Canada all month.

It wouldn't surprise me if PC Plus is eventually replaced by Esso Extra. Fact is, people who gas up at Loblaws are already shopping for their groceries there so getting rid of the gas stations isn't going to hurt them too much, if at all, especially east of Thunder Bay as the discount per litre isn't as good as it is in the west.

I haven't seen this posted yet. I wonder if they'll just be using Imperial Oil gasoline.

Let's post this in a manner that's easier to understand and to attribute:

http://investors.loblaw.ca/English/media...rs/default.aspx

Excerpt from above:
"Loblaw Companies Limited...and Brookfield Business Partners...announced today that
they have entered into a definitive agreement whereby Brookfield...will acquire
100 per cent of Loblaw's gas station operations...
Brookfield is entering into an agreement with Imperial Oil to rebrand the gas station
portfolio to the Mobil fuel brand. This will mark the introduction of the Mobil
fuel brand in Canada..."

Western Foods, Loblaw & Super Store are one company with different names.
Manitoba & Saskatchewan would be supplied from the Regina Co-op refinery, Alberta and central BC, Edmonton refinery with a pipeline to Kamloops, BC.
Burnaby IOC would likely supply BC's lower mainland and Vancouver Island by truck on the dangerous goods ferry.

Certainly, but they'll still choose an additive package, and one would hope they would be Top Tier in Canada, like they are in the States.

sir1900: It wouldn't surprise me if they took the opportunity to equalize the PC Points across the country (i.e. lower them here) or switch it over the Esso Extra down the road.

That's interesting to note. I never paid a whole lot of attention to their gas bars. My late father adored them.
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back