$75 Seized engine

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: JTK
How'd it go? Hats off to you on all the work put into that beast!

It went very well. My brother gets the credit for the engineering and construction to the boat itself. I threw lifters into the engine and got it running right, and a few other things. The boat is going to be a beast. It was just put in the water to run the engine, make a few tweaks, and see how it sat in the water and handled. Once the engine cover is finished, we'll really put it through the paces. Then do the finishing touches. Based on what we saw it is going to exceed our expectations.

Awesome project!

I had a 3.0l engine of that vintage in my first boat, and it was a workhorse. I beat the snot out of it, and it never skipped a beat. Easy to work on, easy on gas, would move the 19' boat it was in just fine.

One time we were across the lake and the V-belt snapped. I made it all the way back to the boat launch - around 9 miles - without a water pump! Brought it home, put a V-Belt on it, put 50-100 hours on it for 4 more seasons before I sold it. Like I said, never skipped a beat.

Originally Posted By: [email protected]
Awesome project!

I had a 3.0l engine of that vintage in my first boat, and it was a workhorse. I beat the snot out of it, and it never skipped a beat. Easy to work on, easy on gas, would move the 19' boat it was in just fine.

One time we were across the lake and the V-belt snapped. I made it all the way back to the boat launch - around 9 miles - without a water pump! Brought it home, put a V-Belt on it, put 50-100 hours on it for 4 more seasons before I sold it. Like I said, never skipped a beat.

Thanks! With any luck within the next two weeks we'll put it through the paces.

You do very nice work sir
wink.gif

Thanks for the pictures

Originally Posted By: car51
You do very nice work sir
wink.gif

Thanks for the pictures

Thanks, I will pass your kind words to my brother.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Looking for some pics as it passes the docks during sea trials
laugh.gif

Nice work, good project
smile.gif

Thanks! Will do. Right now there are a few other projects in the works delaying things.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back