Brake Calipers media blasted

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys,

I've had my rear brake calipers media blasted and they came back in a very light color similar to aluminum.

I've never seen brake calipers that color and came to the conclusion that they must be coated with something from factory against corrosion - Would I be correct?

I plan on painting them in high heat paint, is this enough protection for them?
They are just stock caliper and not difficult to get a hold of or anything so if they require special coating then it isn't worth the time/cost

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
Yeah, I believe the high temp paint is all you can do. Maybe a high temp primer first?

That would be about it. I would use a high temperature primer first, then a high temp paint and call it done.

I plan on doing the same thing... Eventually...
Recently bought a couple cans of black caliper paint.
I don't need flashy red "look at me" calipers on my sable, even though everyone knows painting your calipers red is a +25kw mod to your car..

Thanks guys, I painted them matte black with high temp paint.
I looked for high temp primer but the temperature rating wasn't all that great (I think it was for engine blocks) so I went paint only.

Originally Posted By: earlyre

Black will radiate heat better, but I suppose air-cooling is more important, so you'd want a paint with a high thermal conductivity.

I'd guess something with a lot of aluminium in it might fit and be a better rust stopper too.

Originally Posted By: Ducked
Originally Posted By: earlyre

Black will radiate heat better, but I suppose air-cooling is more important, so you'd want a paint with a high thermal conductivity.

I'd guess something with a lot of aluminium in it might fit and be a better rust stopper too.

it claims to contain a fair amount of ceramic.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back