Anyone ever moved a vehicle that's in your way?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I periodically have an issue with this guy at my storage place who tends to block the main drive for the facility. This time he parked his truck and trailer right next to my trailer, not only again blocking the driveway for other vehicles to get through, but also making it so I can't maneuver the trailer into my unit. The problem is he won't move immediately like most people would. Last time I had to wait like 5 minutes, this time he had me wait like 20 minutes while I got the truck already running and ready to leave. He was like we're fixing to leave here, hang out so I'm thinking to myself fine 2-3 minutes. I swear I waited 15-20 minutes for him. I must say the thought of me getting out the tow strap in the back of my truck has crossed my mind a couple times. lol Funny how this guy made it seem like I was the [censored], I waited 20 minutes, then walked over again 200ft then of course this is when they decide to leave, so I just turned around and walked back. This was when I was going to not so politely tell him he needs to move, but I went ahead and held my tongue since it looked like they were leaving.

I mean what kind of [censored] does that? Makes someone wait 20 minutes while they finish up working on whatever they were working on. Especially when the person is clearly ready to leave? It's just how inconsiderate they are how they block the main drive for people to get through. It's just annoying when you want to go home and you have to deal with some moron. Opinions?

What's the fine for dragging a truck out of your way? lol

Originally Posted By: car51
Truck or forklift

Truck. I have a feeling that by the time the person sees you bring out a strap and see you hooking it onto your vehicle, they would move by then so it would be non issue.

Last edited by a moderator:
Don't escalate the situation since it's not worth it. Complain to the facility management every time it happens.

Years ago I had a guy park in my driveway. I came home and found a car parked. I checked the door and it wasn't locked. I rolled it out into the street. A week later the same thing happened. I pulled the plug wires and rotor and again rolled it into the street. Never happened again.

Originally Posted By: Blkstanger
Years ago I had a guy park in my driveway. I came home and found a car parked. I checked the door and it wasn't locked. I rolled it out into the street. A week later the same thing happened. I pulled the plug wires and rotor and again rolled it into the street. Never happened again.

Why pull the spark plug wires? So they can't get it to start and put it back in the driveway? That's weird that someone would park in your driveway.

I had someone park in my drive when there was a house fire across the street.

I was about to leave and was blocked in.

I was about 5min away from jacking it up and rolling it 5ft sideways into the grass.. its on a slope so it would roll no problem.

Ended up being a co-workers daughter gawking at the fire across the street.. lucky for her.. I was patient.

Why she thought she could park her car there and walk 200ft down the road is beyond me.. not like I know them at all outside of work.

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman

Why pull the spark plug wires? So they can't get it to start and put it back in the driveway? That's weird that someone would park in your driveway.
Well at the time I wanted to meet the idiot. I wanted to have a face to face.

Check your local ordinances. Here, if you post a Private Parking or No Parking sign properly configured (citing the correct bylaw), or if the vehicle is blocking any part of a driveway, you can have any vehicle towed to the Police Compound. Parking Ticket, Tow charge, Compound Fees, and general grief results.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why not let your storage place know what has been going on with a detailed letter? Most storage places have written rules about this type of stuff.

If they are not willing to let their other clients know the rules, request a partial refund for your rental.

If you want to escalate beyond this, you can always call the police.

Touching other people's property is never the right answer. No judgement, just my
49.gif

One day there was a car parked in front of my driveway, I had to go to the doctor quick because I was doing Angioedema. I didn't think about it twice, grabbed a tire lever (whatever i can find stiff at that moment), broke the car small glass window, opened the door released handbrake and rolled it out (manual transmission) pulled handbrake and left to the closest doctor. It was a life threatening emergency though.

Never had a chance to see the car again to settle the broken window thing, because I was moved to a hospital and came back home 2 days later

Originally Posted By: Superflan
One day there was a car parked in front of my driveway, I had to go to the doctor quick because I was doing Angioedema. I didn't think about it twice, grabbed a tire lever (whatever i can find stiff at that moment), broke the car small glass window, opened the door released handbrake and rolled it out (manual transmission) pulled handbrake and left to the closest doctor. It was a life threatening emergency though.

Never had a chance to see the car again to settle the broken window thing, because I was moved to a hospital and came back home 2 days later

No need to settle anything. You fined him a reasonable amount. If the owner can't see the problem blocking a private drive, he needs to have his DL revoked.

Hmmm you said YOUR storage place. He's blocking the entrance. Have him towed...bet he won't do it again.

In 1953 there was a infamous incident involving a car parked in a driveway. The house belonged to one of two owners of a pre-mix concrete company The other partner parked his brand new Buick Skylark in the first partner's driveway while he and the lady of the house were busy developing a new partnership in the bedroom. The other owner discovered the problem and dumped 3 cubic yards of pre-mix concrete in and on the new Buick Skylark convertible. Several hours later the Buick owner discovered his car and the fireworks commenced. Two partnerships were dissolved in one big bang, so to speak.

Yes! A landscaper company left truck with trailer partially blocking my driveway. No where to be seen I started and moved forward five feet.

I grew up right near Chicago and there was always competition for the street parking around our house. One night, a kid came to visit a girl across the street from us and parked in our driveway, and my dad went berserk...luckily, the kid left a window open and my dad laid on the horn until the kid finally came out. My dad got in his face and started screaming, and the kid was just as cool as a cucumber and said he was only staying for an hour or two and what was the big deal? Dad pointed out that the police station was a block away and he would just walk over there and try to get the kid ticketed and towed. The kid just rolled his eyes like dad was being a big jerk and finally moved his car. The attitude was incredible!

That was the only time it happened to us, but there was a family on the street with a wheelchair-bound kid and no garage, so they got a specially marked parking spot for their van right in front of their house. The house next to them ended up being sold and multiple families moved in...we never knew exactly how many people were living there at once, they were all recent immigrants and few of the residents spoke English. They just absolutely refused to acknowledge the reserved parking spot and would use it whenever they wanted even after the police had been called on them multiple times. I don't know how many times I came home to find the police, the parents of the disabled kid, and some various people from the overcrowded home standing in the street arguing. I figured it was a communications issue with the new people at first, but eventually I felt that they must have just been really rude and thoughtless people. Even as a kid at the time, I wondered why the people with the spot and van didn't raise an issue with the police about how many people were living in a single family home (and how many cars one house were adding to an already severe parking problem).

My parents have a lot of people just park in their driveway randomly. The lot next to them has 2 houses on it - both 2 family rentals. I think people get confused but they end up parking at the end of my parents' driveway. Usually not for more than 20 minutes or so but still strange.

I moved a car that was in my way many years back. It ran a red light to my left so I t-boned it. :)

Originally Posted By: JC1
I periodically have an issue with this guy at my storage place who tends to block the main drive for the facility. This time he parked his truck and trailer right next to my trailer, not only again blocking the driveway for other vehicles to get through, but also making it so I can't maneuver the trailer into my unit. The problem is he won't move immediately like most people would. Last time I had to wait like 5 minutes, this time he had me wait like 20 minutes while I got the truck already running and ready to leave. He was like we're fixing to leave here, hang out so I'm thinking to myself fine 2-3 minutes. I swear I waited 15-20 minutes for him. I must say the thought of me getting out the tow strap in the back of my truck has crossed my mind a couple times. lol Funny how this guy made it seem like I was the [censored], I waited 20 minutes, then walked over again 200ft then of course this is when they decide to leave, so I just turned around and walked back. This was when I was going to not so politely tell him he needs to move, but I went ahead and held my tongue since it looked like they were leaving.

I mean what kind of [censored] does that? Makes someone wait 20 minutes while they finish up working on whatever they were working on. Especially when the person is clearly ready to leave? It's just how inconsiderate they are how they block the main drive for people to get through. It's just annoying when you want to go home and you have to deal with some moron. Opinions?

What's the fine for dragging a truck out of your way? lol

Let the air out of one of his tires next time and let him deal with thinking he's got a flat.

You're missing the point. He was perfectly able to move his truck and trailer, but still had me wait 20 minutes which he didn't say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back