2007 Pontiac G6 maintance

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been helping my aunt look for a car she decided on a 2007 Pontiac G6 with the 3.5 v6 104k on it, original owners, they claimed to have kept up with the maintenance, looks like they have but...... It has new shocks, struts, front end alignment, seems to be a decent car it had a few inactive codes for emissions but runs great. I'm gonna maintain the vehicle for her just like her old one, I wanna do plugs, wires, trans oil and filter. Is there anything else I should be looking at doing preventive maintenance wise or anything else i should be keep an eye out for?

Before you do all that .make sure to properly distance wire from any metal. Be tube or steel piece .then if you still feel like doin other thing you can .you would be surprised how long part last when electricity isn't lazy and go the short route

Thoes things are oil leakers especially from the oil pan. Always need suspension parts. I would rather have the 2.4L ecotec in a g6.

You've covered most of the basics. Check the brakes. New coolant would not hurt
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: yvon_la
Before you do all that .make sure to properly distance wire from any metal. Be tube or steel piece .then if you still feel like doin other thing you can .you would be surprised how long part last when electricity isn't lazy and go the short route

I cant decipher that into anything that makes sense can you try again.

What does distance wire from metal have to do with what he was talking about?

Originally Posted By: gabriel9766
Thoes things are oil leakers especially from the oil pan. Always need suspension parts. I would rather have the 2.4L ecotec in a g6.

Funny you should say that, my mothers 2005 Chevy Uplander (3.5 V6) leaks also with 145K.

Originally Posted By: gregk24
Originally Posted By: gabriel9766

Funny you should say that, my mothers 2005 Chevy Uplander (3.5 V6) leaks also with 145K.

I had a 3.5L in my 10 impala i traded in for my Malibu tht thing got an oil pan gasket bout 90k.

Originally Posted By: Rand
Originally Posted By: yvon_la

I cant decipher that into anything that makes sense can you try again.

What does distance wire from metal have to do with what he was talking about?

I have no idea what this dude is talking about
but it does need a a/c top off, air filter and all looks good and I think maybe next year we will change the coolant she has a rather tight budget.

Look at the rear suspension bushings closely. I've seen a few where they were pretty shot which murdered the tires. Down side is there isn't a whole lot in the way of aftermarket bushings or parts. Except Dorman... which is JUNK to begin with and does not hold up. I may have a few pics if you're interested.

I have a 2007 g6 with 4cyl.Front stabilizer bushings seem to b a constant fix. If the catalytic converter goes there is a recall.Also recall on taillights and transmission shift cable.Also front rack is a problem on these cars.Also headlights.If head light goes pm me I'll explain how to fix

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back