If the price was the same, which would you pick?

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's time for a oil change for my 2010 RX350. Walmart has the 0w20 AFE and EP the same price right now. (The EP is on sale.) Other than a possible longer OCI (which I don't care about), is there any advantage to using EP? I've always used the AFE to this point.

One more vote for EP
thumbsup2.gif

For a OCI of 7500 miles or less, it probably will not matter.

For an extended OCI, the answer is obvious.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I'd go EP. It was 50% PAO base last time I saw a PDS.

I thought EP was closer to 70%, and AFE was about 30% but IDK...

I'd go EP but probably not any real, tangible difference...

EP, because regular price is normally higher, which means better, right?
confused2.gif

If your not doing extended drain intervals, AFE will work fine, but really, if the same price, give it a try.
You may (not likely) see a mileage drop from the EP compared to the AFE.

Although it's really splitting hairs for your region, EP does offer even better cold end performance than AFE and either is superior to the beloved of many TGMO in that regard.

Originally Posted By: Rand
I'd go EP. It was 50% PAO base last time I saw a PDS.

I wasn't aware of that....thanks....easily EP at the same price!!

Another vote for EP. I never cared for the AFE because the Phos/Zinc levels are low. AFE 0w/20 has 650 phosphorus and 750 zinc. Go with a 5w/20 EP and have 800/900 which, to me, is better wear protection.

Thanks everyone for your thoughts on this. Not a single person suggested sticking with AFE.

I ordered 4 jugs of the EP online and I'll be picking it up at my local Walmart tomorrow.

Thanks again

Originally Posted By: 2000RX300
I ordered 4 jugs of the EP online and I'll be picking it up at my local Walmart tomorrow.

Mobil has some rebates going on, check their website for details.

... and basically the same price - I'd say 5 of the last 6 jugs I grabbed were EP ... PUP has gotten expensive and hard to find and was louder in two engines ...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back