Would your grandfather recognize this as a Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.
No.

UAV (Urban Assault Vehicle) perhaps. New Army project.....

I remember his old Chevy fondly. Had a single catseye on each rear. 3-on-the-three. No a/c, no power anything, floor starter, floor high-beams, no seatbelts. Spare tire + all grandkids rode in the back...even going down the street!

Those were the days......

I was at Rausch Creek the same day he was and I'm pretty sure we saw that exact Raptor on the trails!

But 99.99999% of these trucks don't go off road.

For the type of off roading I do, I'd prefer the power wagon with solid axles.

pretty soon we will all be remembering how fond we were of manual brakes and manual steering.

Would someone who fought in WWI recognize one of our tanks as a tank?.. same basic premise.

Sure he would. People modified vehicles, jacked up trucks, etc. back in the day... At least from the 60's on, which was when my Grandfather was buying vehicles

163_news090701_02z%2boff_road_ford_truck%2bfront_view.jpg

163_news090701_03z%2bbrown_4x4_ford_truck%2bfront_three_quarters_view.jpg

Hmmm...."...a 10th to 5th gear instant downshift..." Is it a CVT or a true 10 speed?

He only mentioned that the fuel economy was surprisingly good (or some such). I wonder what a boy toy reviewing giggling clown considers good mileage.

As they say, "If you have to ask..." Kira

edit: LOVE the FOXXHUNT Ford picture.

I saw one of these in Dearborn last year that was driven by a Ford employee. They sure are beasts.

Not sure about the new, but the old 6.2's were basically super duties on an F150 frame. The springs were just a bit softer thus limiting the towing capacity. They were also cheaper than an equivalently loaded Tahoe too.

Originally Posted By: dlundblad
I saw one of these in Dearborn last year that was driven by a Ford employee. They sure are beasts.

Not sure about the new, but the old 6.2's were basically super duties on an F150 frame. The springs were just a bit softer thus limiting the towing capacity. They were also cheaper than an equivalently loaded Tahoe too.

How exactly is it a super duty if its on an F150 frame and doesnt have the same springs?

Originally Posted By: JHZR2
Originally Posted By: dlundblad

How exactly is it a super duty if its on an F150 frame and doesnt have the same springs?

Engine and axle.

*You have the benefits of power, but the not so bulkiness of a superduty. Not sure on the transmission.

And the later 6.2's werent' exactly a plain Jane F150 frame either.

Last edited:
Sure he would. People modified vehicles, jacked up trucks, etc. back in the day... At least from the 60's on, which was when my Grandfather was buying vehicles

1960's! my grandfather was born in 1890!

Originally Posted By: Chris142

1960's! my grandfather was born in 1890!

My grandfather was born in the early 20s, and bought his first car in 1961.

Originally Posted By: Miller88
99.99999% of these trucks don't go off road.

The roughest terrain most pickups see is a speed-bump at the local mall.

Originally Posted By: BrocLuno
Nope. Back in Grandpa's day, a truck had an 8' bed and hauled stuff. They all worked for a living. Cars were for ridin in ...

My Grandfather was the same way, Pick-ups were strictly for work, It didn't even get parked in front of the house. I sold the last pick-up he bought last year, 1969 Chevy C20 350/Granny 4 speed & no other options. The family vultures got his 1970 Lincoln Mark III.

He would not understand the "high end" pick-up thing.

Originally Posted By: IndyIan
Very nice! both of them.

Thanks...you asked me about the need for bars a while back...I keep forgetting to take a pic of the 40+ roos that I have to drive through just to get off the power station site.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back