Liqui Moly Ceratec

Also here is what a application engineer at Liqui Moly has to say about Ceratec every oil change:
Quote:

Good day Mr. hidden

Thank you for your interest in our brand LIQUI MOLY.

CeraTec has a long lasting effect, but this isn´t for ever so you should add it again every 3 Oil changes to have the full protection.

Should you have any further inquiries don´t hesitate in contacting us.

Freundliche Grüße / Best regards / Saludos cordiales

i. A. hidden
Anwendungstechniker
application engineer

F & E / Anwendungstechnik

Phone:
Fax: +49 731 1420-44429
[email protected]

LIQUI MOLY GmbH
Jerg-Wieland-Straße 4 | 89081 Ulm | GERMANY

www.liqui-moly.de

Amtsgericht Ulm HRB 1383 | Geschäftsführer: Ernst Prost
Court of registration Ulm, HRB 1383 | Managing Director: Ernst Prost

LIQUI MOLY ist Deutschlands beliebteste Motorenöl-Marke!

When I asked about conflicting information on their customer forum about using it at every change, he says:

Quote:
Hi hidden

The think is you can add it at every oil change but it is not necesary!

Wish you the best!

Freundliche Grüße / Best regards / Saludos cordiales

Last edited:
Curious, any update guys on the Ceratec and UOA?
How are the motors holding up? Planning to use this on my new car, wanting to know if its a go ahead or not.
I want to protect my engine from spinning a bearing!

I put ceratec on the rebuilt Toyota engine with new oil seals and rings after it runs 3k km. I left the Ceratec for about 6k kms. The reason I changed the oil was the engine felt restrained on high rpm.
Now it just run PU 10w-30 without any additive, and interestingly the noise and performance much better after 500 km with new oil.
Somehow I find the Ceratec may help with the run in, and now without the additive, it seems the ring seals very well that makes the engine pretty much more responsive and torquey than before.

I have around 5k miles on my trans fluid, AC Delco 10-4014. I added 150 ml of the Ceratec to it this week; 2.2L total gearbox capacity. It seems to help fortify it. Don't really know the OCI for the AC Delco though. I usually just change trans fluid every year.

Greetings!

Any updates on the Ceratec? Clevy? Demarpaint? and others? I'm seriously considering it for my 1994 Montero. I purchased the vehicle new. and plan on driving it another 20 years. It doesn't use oil, but it does have a slight drip. I had high (33) Fe on my UOA. Or would MOS2 be better?

The problem would be that whether the specific type of materials used in any particular additive are of the correct geometry, size or composition to exhibit the benefits described in your links.

There are tests to show if they do or not, but it doesn't seem as though the additive companies are interested in sharing those test results on their websites or in their sales literature. Liqui Moly included.

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Both Boron Nitrate and Molybdenum disulfide have similar structure and properties of Graphite.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Graphite

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Molybdenum_disulfide

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Boron_nitride

And as I understand, the MoS2 at least, is it fills the nano sized openings on the metal surface and bonds to the metal. Kind of like an oil impregnated bronze bearing.

http://www.bronzebushings.com/blog/tips-for-using-oil-impregnated-bronze-bearings/

Originally Posted By: SHOZ
Originally Posted By: 123Saab
The first post here is pretty interesting:
http://www.golfmkv.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153677
So that first post says they are looking for the gear additive made by Liquid Moly. But that is not the same type formula as the CeraTec as it is a MoS2.

I didn't see the op in that post say anything about any other product than LM Ceratec.

He seems to like it to reduce the wear for the infamous 2.0T FSI VW engine Cam follower.
I just replaced mine as well and will put in either Ceratec or MoS2, from LM.

Hi All,

Been lurking on this site for many years without posting as your collective knowledge is simply astounding !!

On to the Ceratec......Lagos and Nigeria in general is a particularly harsh operational environment. Consequently I added Ceratec to my BMW E39 530i and the results were simply astounding ! My engine runs much smoother and my gas mileage has seen a significant improvement. I used to travel 460km to pick up my kids from school while consuming 50l....after the Ceratec treatment 40l gets the job done. Driving conditions are the same so its not in my head !
laugh.gif

Anyone considering it should do so.

I have been reading about this Ceratec milkshake stuff. Should I toss a bottle in my worn out pickup truck, or will something so fresh and fancy confuse the old engine so much that it decides that it can no longer live in this world?

That’s astounding.

Originally Posted By: eriksbmw
Hi All,

Been lurking on this site for many years without posting as your collective knowledge is simply astounding !!

On to the Ceratec......Lagos and Nigeria in general is a particularly harsh operational environment. Consequently I added Ceratec to my BMW E39 530i and the results were simply astounding ! My engine runs much smoother and my gas mileage has seen a significant improvement. I used to travel 460km to pick up my kids from school while consuming 50l....after the Ceratec treatment 40l gets the job done. Driving conditions are the same so its not in my head !
laugh.gif

Originally Posted By: eriksbmw
Hi All,

laugh.gif

Welcome to BITOG. Lagos is a curious place. I have studied it in a geography class. It must be hard on a vehicle.
cool.gif

Back