Driving for the sake of driving
------------------
Refilled with: Castrol Edge 5W20
Filter: Motorcraft
OCI: 12 months (2018)
------------------
Additional information:
Spends most of its time in storage

Nice car mate! Sad to see it spends its time in storage...more than happy to fly up and put some kays on for you
smile.gif

Nice to see a fellow Aussie UOA! Pod filter might be the cause of the high silicon and the fact that it's running in.

Interesting that they spec a 20 grade for a S/C V8. Not sure how well that would hold on the track or in some high temp high rpm environment.

HPB - I live overseas so it’s only on the road 3-4 weeks of the year. It gives me a good reason to return.

KL31 - It’s got a small water to oil cooler and a 8.5L sump. All my other cars had high silicon content when testing FF, I’m not concerned with the silicon numbers. As for the pod filter well it’s a factory item so i can’t do too much about that other than check for leaks, I’ll just resample next change, should stabilise.

Olas - I’m very happy to use a 20 weight that is what is specified. I will switch to M1 EP 0w20 when it stops getting serviced at the dealership in a few years.

Sorry didn't realise that they came factory with pod style filters.

8.5L is a fair sized sump!

Looked up the specs on that engine. Holy smokes it makes a fair [censored] load of power!

Originally Posted By: KL31

Looked up the specs on that engine. Holy smokes it makes a fair [censored] load of power!

Yeah, I have nothing to say about the report. I can only say that I'm jealous of the car and the engine. I looked up a couple YouTube videos of the car and I like it!

Last edited:
Nice car mate. Can you post a few more picture of it.

BTW my local REPCO / SCA has started to carry Shell Helix Ultra 0W20 It's a pure GTL full synthetic that is rated API SN, ILSAC GF-5 and ACEA A1/B1. Just another option for you to consider, And being we live in Australia, I'll be willing to bet my left nut it costs less than M1 0W20 EP, especially if you wait for the sales (25% off everything last week at SCA).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back