Bought another CVPI

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup bought another CVPI. Its a 2003 this time. So the improved front suspension.
I have to go pick it up. Is 8 hours drive away from me. I took the 28th off work so I could get it during business hours as it is at a city shop.

Has the optional interior with carpet and couch seat.
There is a specific reason I was interested in the car.
Click to reveal..

Last edited by a moderator:
Nice. There was a Grand Marquis I found online up here the other day, two years older than your new CV, but with just over 19,000 original kilometres, not miles. The advertised price was a little over the top, though.

Originally Posted By: CKN
Another 14 year old Dinosaur finds a home........

I will take them all.

Originally Posted By: FlyNavyP3
6800 idle hours

hahaha. No hour meter, so yea it could have quite a bit of idling. No way to tell, but Im not worried about it. Only wears the engine and driven accessories and I have a spare engine already so no big deal.

Nice car! I have had three Crown Vic's and miss them dearly. Good, solid, safe, reliable cars.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: xxch4osxx
Supervisors vehicle I'm guessing. Two spotlights as well! You will have to change them over to LED's like the other one.

Yes, I like that. My idea is to put the same type I have in my current car in the driver side, which they call a 'flood' light. Its an 8* spot, IIRC and put the sharper 2* spot on the passenger side. Ill have to wire a switch on the driver side so I can turn it on and off from there.

Originally Posted By: spasm3
Cool, i kind of want one. Do you get to keep the spotlights?

If they are in the pic, they better be coming with it. Those are expensive!

Originally Posted By: tomcruise
Nice car! I have had three Crown Vic's and miss them dearly. Good, solid, safe, reliable cars.

This is #3 for me.

Doesn't look like it's ever had a shield in it so that's a plus.
Shields = funky people in the back.

Looks like it could have been a detective's or CO's car. In my agency, a car that age with low miles indicates the assigned driver lived out of jurisdiction and had a desk job. My current equipment is an Explorer that I only drive when I need to leave the office. I put around 1k miles a year on it.

Just be careful around turns on a dark night
smile.gif

I never quite understood the excitement over old law enforcement vehicles. But if it tickles your fancy then by all means enjoy yourself.

Originally Posted By: Pop_Rivit
I never quite understood the excitement over old law enforcement vehicles. But if it tickles your fancy then by all means enjoy yourself.

Nice find!! Looks to be in excellent shape.

I miss my 5.0 and 4.6 Panthers as there will NEVER be another low maintenance vehicle like that ever again.

Make sure the diff gets new lube. It may have never been changed or even looked at.

Start the drain and fill process on the transmission, too along with the P/S.

Originally Posted By: OneEyeJack
Make sure the diff gets new lube. It may have never been changed or even looked at.

Start the drain and fill process on the transmission, too along with the P/S.

Yes, It will get everything. The Trans will get the valve body pulled and modified, which will change 10 of the 14 quarts.
I have a list of things I want to do. Some of the parts I have, some I dont.
I do have a set of long tube headers that have been waiting for a 2003+ car to go on. Just chilling in my parts pile for like 3 years. They will go on this car along with the exhaust from my dead '04.
HID projectors I bought a few years ago, also just waiting for a car. Havent wanted to spend the money on a second set of headlamps to cut up. But these ones look in quite good shape. Should look new after a good polish.

Originally Posted By: ChevyBadger
Does it have cop shocks?

Yes.

Nice find, absolutely love the Panthers(hence my username). I sold my 08 to my brother, only has 330 idle hours! They'll go forever, enjoy!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back