Have truck manual trannys followed the Dodo bird?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sounds like a great deal - a fully loaded demo with bugger all kays on the clock. Will look nice with the canopy fitted. We use a novated lease too, my wife gets it through her work.

Now, the big question - change the factory fill early, or run it out to 15,000km?

Last edited:
Was thinking that myself...however...

The Oil Life Monitor at 4,900km is showing 38% remaining,( 125 hours on the engine, 28 of them idling).

So looks like I'm going to go around a half OCI on this one, which will tie in with the 9 month service.

Manual says that the OLM will allow greater than 15,000km depending on conditions, but not to exceed a year.

The last pickup I remember driving that had a manual trans was our surveying rig, a 1983 Chev crew cab with a 305... zero to 60 in ten minutes.

Whether in trucks or cars, I much prefer a manual trans-equipped vehicle; in my opinion you have MUCH better control of torque application to the wheels versus an automatic. I believe this factor is quite important when adverse road conditions are present.

The brand new 2017 Accord that I bought this week and picked up this morning, is the EX-L V-6 with a manual transmission... I insist on them. Guess I'm a dodo, too
smile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back