Best car cover for outside

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm in store for a car cover. My car is outside year around. In the direct hot sun, rain, wind etc. I read online somewhere that waterproof covers can be bad because the material is too rough so it can scratch the car paint. Should I get one that's like fabric of a bed sheet? Input appreciated in advance.

what is the purpose of this car cover?

Is it a classic car? or what are you trying to prevent?

To protect the paint and the car from outside elements. Sure, you can call it a classic.

Last edited:
Neighbor in NJ had a car cover for his older caddy, problem was that it retained a lot of moisture from the environment. Ended up ruining his paint job completely, would have certainly been better off without it.

I have a calcarcover Superweave that I bought while I was waiting for my house to be finished.

It worked fairly well, but still allowed moisture through. Now I use it as an indoor cover for when the car sits. It's nice to come home and not have to dust off the car.

The best car cover is one that does not touch the car. Car covers trap moisture, ruin paint, and accelerate rust.

Get a car port, they only cost about a grand. Anchor it very well to the ground, and add soft sides with wind ports. That will keep the Sun off.

Remove the soft sides and park the car elsewhere when a hurricane is coming. (we are talking FL here)

I have used covers made of the NOAH material and sold by Covercraft. Bulky, but good. Protects the paint pretty well, and the material is breathable.

I've been using a Cover Craft Ultra Tect cover on my 2010 Silverado and I'm very happy with it. It's light, it breathes and does a good job of keeping the dirt and the sun from damaging the paint.

Best one, an inflatable "bubble" cover.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00H3YB06Y

Anything that touches the car can eventually damage the paint, breathable ones still allow moisture contact and condensation, and do not prevent rodent and insect intrusion.

outdoor-bubble-car-cover-6.jpg

It's all a give and take. Using a car cover has way more pros than cons. A car constantly baking in the sun will eventually have the entire exterior and interior destroyed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back