F1 - 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix

Status
Not open for further replies.
F1 - 2017 Bahrain Grand Prix

US TV Times:
Practice 1, Fri 4/14, 7:00AM EST, NBC Sports Live Extra
Practice 2, Fri 4/14, 11:00AM EST, NBCSN
Practice 3, Fri 4/15, 8:00AM EST, NBC Sports Live Extra
Qualifying, Sat 4/15, 11:00AM EST, NBC Sports Live Extra (12:30PM EST, NBCSN)
Race, Sun 4/16, 10:30AM EST, CNBC

Standings:
Drivers
1. Sebastian Vettel, Ferrari, 43
2. Lewis Hamilton, Mercedes, 43
3. Max Verstappen, Red Bull Racing, 25
4. Valtteri Bottas, Mercedes, 23
5. Kimi Raikkonen, Ferrari, 22
Constructors
1. Mercedes, 66
2. Scuderia Ferrari, 65
3. Red Bull Racing, 37
4. Scuderia Toro Rosso, 12
5. Sahara Force India, 10

For more, including track data, analysis, video, and more please check out my full post on TOV Motorsports.

04_Bahrain_E_300DPI-886x498.jpg

I was pretty happy with it. I just wish Vettel hadn't simply been content to control the pace at the end. I would have much rather have seen him sail off into the distance. Then again, if that happened, Mercedes wouldn't have been egging Lewis on to keep trying in futility.

We get the UK feed here. The only one who wasn't playing the game of Lewis having a chance at the end was Martin Brundle. When Vettel's advantage was clear and maximized, he simply said, when asked, that Vettel will win, without question. And he wouldn't rise to the bait of Hamilton "cutting into" the lead, since that was really just an illusion.

With respect to McLaren, Ron Dennis must be laughing his head off. In front of the shareholders that gave him the boot, and in front of the president of Honda, we got to see one McLaren not even start because of an engine failure (what, Stoffel's second of the weekend?) and Alonso's not finish, due to an engine problem.

Originally Posted By: Fernando Alonso
How they can overtake me? 300 metres behind me, and they overtake me on the straight, I’ve never raced with less power in my life.

I hope that got translated to Japanese very quickly. They might as well use a new engine every race. They might as well ignore parc ferme, as a matter of fact. Grid penalties are absolutely meaningless when you can't finish a race. Three races, which should have been six starts, and not one finish. What a fantastic piece of engineering, this Honda power unit.

This was also Sir Frank's 75th birthday. I wish they had done more, especially with it being the Williams 40th anniversary. They made a much bigger deal out of Sir Frank's 73rd birthday.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back