RIP J. Geils

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was just thinking about him! I have the J. Geils Band's first album from 1970.

RIP Mr. Geils and keep on rockin

frown.gif

Yes, very sad[RIP]. I saw the J. Geils Band back in the early 70's when I was traveling to a lot of concerts around the state.

The back of one of the albums said "play it loud".

I didn't always listen to the J. Geils Band, but when I did, so did my neighbors.

Originally Posted By: Win
The back of one of the albums said "play it loud".

I didn't always listen to the J. Geils Band, but when I did, so did my neighbors.

Haha awesome!!

Originally Posted By: Chris Meutsch
Originally Posted By: Warstud
I didn't know that J.Geils was an actual person.

Ditto.

X3. I have owned only one of his albums, Freeze Frame. I really like the song "River Blindness."

Us guys on the third floor of our fraternity in upstate New York used to pound that first J. Geils Band album in the fall of 1970 and the following spring. Lots of loud record playing along with a few J's.

RIP to an excellent musician, John Geils Jr.

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
... I have owned only one of his albums, Freeze Frame. I really like the song "River Blindness."

Freeze Frame is the only J. Geils Band album I have as well. I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. I didn't know he was 71 years old. Man, time flies.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s
... I have owned only one of his albums, Freeze Frame. I really like the song "River Blindness."

Freeze Frame is the only J. Geils Band album I have as well. I'm sorry to hear that he passed away. I didn't know he was 71 years old. Man, time flies.

Time does indeed fly. I don't recall the details, but as you get older the perception is the time passes more quickly. I got Freeze Frame on vinyl when it came out and got it on CD later. I prefer to rip my own music files. I probably ought to think about selling all my CDs gathering dust.

Originally Posted By: Tony10s

Time does indeed fly. I don't recall the details, but as you get older the perception is the time passes more quickly. I got Freeze Frame on vinyl when it came out and got it on CD later. I prefer to rip my own music files. I probably ought to think about selling all my CDs gathering dust.

Yeah, I got Freeze Frame on vinyl as well when it came out.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back