Walmart SuperTech Synthetic spec sheet info

Status
Not open for further replies.
Got it;

The oil companies are taking the credit for the success of light weight engine oils with their magical additive packages, while in reality the electronics and 8-speed automatic transmissions are doing all the work keeping the engines out of trouble.

"Peer reviewed"; That means you won't find the paper at Colorado State U.

Last edited by a moderator:
Interesting that they report KO30 Shear on this oil. I wasn't aware that any of the US specs required this test to be done. The KV100 of the oil shears down from 11.02 cst to 8.85 cst. In Euroland this would be classed as shearing out-of-grade and deemed verboten. To me this suggests that this oil contains the same 50 SSI VII that you get in bog-standard Group II oils. This isn't a criticism, just an observation.

Originally Posted By: topbliss
Does anyone know where one can purchase Mag 1 oil at a retail location? Is Amazon the only place?

Thanks!

Pep boys. But supertech is probably the same thing as mg1 if it's the wpp variety

Originally Posted By: David1
Not sure if this info is here.. I have it in PDF Form. Also WPP Told me. I sent WPP a email and asked them what were the spec in Walmart Super Tech Syn and if it was the same as MAG1 or Quaker State and this what they said and sent me.
smile.gif

Hello Dave1,

I have attached our specification sheet for the Super Tech 5W-30 Full Synthetic oil. We do manufacture the bottles and oil for the Super Tech brand, but this is location dependent (other companies fill orders for Walmart as well). Products made by us will have a stamp on the bottom with “WPP” on it. The fluid is not the same formula as our Mag 1 Synthetic, but it is high quality oil that is thoroughly tested to meet the specifications claimed on the label.

Thank you for your question.

-Charles

Not sure if this info is here on this site, I figured many might want to read it.
I have it in PDF form but didnt know how to upload to site.
Hope this is good enough

1s1a2v.jpg

35k8k61.jpg

28qvjtv.jpg

whzbzl.jpg

Good to see supertech getting the love it deserves. It's like an old faithful for me. It's always priced low and suitable for my manufacturer suggested oci. And easy to find.

A Mix of 2qts 5w20 + ~3qts 5w30 Supertech syn are going in my Rogue this weekend for the cold winter run. The nissan qr25de can run 20grade/
wish me luck!

BTW the MAG1 uses a "premium DD package" compared to the supertech that doesnt show moly compounds, only boron.

Originally Posted By: Pontual
Ow, now I know why it is inexpensive. The sulfur and ash content are pretty high!

You should see the sulphur in n Royal Purp HPS at over 15000ppm(!) due to the "synerlec" compound.

ILSAC gf5 are not low saps but instead med saps so the sulphur + ash (due to organo-metallic DD pack) will be higher than a Euro (ACEA) low saps clean diesel formulation.

The supertech # are typical of any premium GF5 synthetic.

Keep different polarity apart as much as possible .and no wire touching any metal . You ll be amazed how smooth your vehicle is when electronic isn't confused about who is sending that voltage amperage ohm

Acea c5 will have proper value when oil that meet its requirement are made avail. Till then . Close your eye and randomely pick your oil . Or least expensive

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back