Best spray wax?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello. May have the chance to pick up some Turtle Wax ICE spray wax, for cheap. May even use it today. Next to it is Meguiar's QuikShine. Assuming the price difference on those is not too great, how good is the Turtle Wax? The Meguiar's?

I just washed my car, so, I am thinking: 1. Spray, 2. Dry after a minute or so, Repeat. Microfiber. Yes?

I would do it and both are good. Simply, spray and wipe. Don't let it sit there for a minute. Also read the directions on the bottle. It's so easy to use and gives a little boost in protection till your next wash.

Originally Posted By: SatinSilver
I would do it and both are good. Simply, spray and wipe. Don't let it sit there for a minute. Also read the directions on the bottle. It's so easy to use and gives a little boost in protection till your next wash.

Sounds great! I won't let it sit, thanks so much!

Will scan both, I can do this today.

Try to do it in the garage if possible. Once a slight breeze blew the spray into my face, not pleasant. Plus it helps to keep the car completely dry for 24 hrs for it to cure. Even a morning dew can affect it, so garage it if possible.

I use the Mequiar's on the inside. Haven't had a chance to use the liquid ultimate wax on the wife's car yet so I haven't use the spray on the outside.

Duragloss AquaWax.

Spray it on still wet paint and wipe dry with a good microfiber.
Sits nicely on wax and gives great shine for a couple of weeks.

Originally Posted By: Cadenza
Duragloss AquaWax.

Spray it on still wet paint and wipe dry with a good microfiber.
Sits nicely on wax and gives great shine for a couple of weeks.

Yep, one of my favorites and actually a spray sealant. Easiest one to work with. Can also be used on a dry vehicle. I like the scent of it as well, smells like coconuts or Hawaiian Tropic. I have a nice, full bottle of it. A nice drying aid when the car is wet.

Last edited:
Lucas Slick Mist is pretty good
cheers3.gif

I like that bright, plasticky shine. I consider it a true spray wax. You can reapply it almost every wash.

I'm a big fan of ultimate spray wax, but it's really a different product, a spray sealant. You can very definitely apply it too often.

If you want some longevity, head over to detailed image and pick up some Carpro Reload. You simply give to sprays per panel and wipe until its gone. You'll easily get 4-5 months of protection, a super hydrophobic surface and amazing gloss.

I used the Turtle Wax.. it looks "ok" but not great. Been reading up on Collinite 845. Though that is not a spray wax...

This is best applied when the car is wet not dry?

I'm liking the Carpro and the Duragloss Aqua Wax. I can get things shipped to me, unless I am being impatient, and stuck with what is in a store (Walmart.) I wonder if I waxed in some swirl marks, didn't look like dirt.. Water beaded up off my hood real nice, but, any wax would do that...

Might do a clay bar.... might not.....

I wash the car once a week and use the wax-as-you-dry spray. Turtle Wax's spray smells like a plastic model kit when you open the box; Meguiar's smells sort of like buttered popcorn, but stale. Both seem to give good protection between washes. Right now I'm using the Eagle One Wax As U Dry. Doesn't have a scent, or at least not a memorable one.

Benzadmiral, I found an old bottle of the Eagle One (silver bottle with blue label) and love the stuff. Try not squeezing the trigger all the way, it seems to water it down and reduce the suds. Just a slow half pull and it seems the best. I like the stuff, but maybe that is because I really like the parent company! But, I have the Eagle One gel wax I found a while back and like it as well.

I like the way you think. Wax is kind of just wax so why not get the one that is the least offensive to your body, whether it be burning your cuticles, smelling bad, or just being not fun to handle. I don't think my eyes can spot a difference of waxes. Techniques and types/conditions of the cloths and mitts I might be able to sometimes, but probably not the wax.

Technique, I don't think you are every supposed to draw a circle with your applicator. Maybe do a figure eight or a side to side back and forth motion, but not a circle.

I too have always loved Eagle One products. I used to buy an Eagle One leather conditioner back in the 90s from Autozone that was my favorite. Then one day they stopped selling it and I never saw it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back