Triumph Tiger 1050 Sport

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not the old Tiger 1050, this is a refreshed design released last year. 126 hp / 78 lb-ft, ~ 500 lbs dry, chain drive. An entry into the sport touring segment instead of the adventure / travel enduro arena. Looks good except for the "1050" graphic all over the tank.

I can't find an exact US msrp for it but it would be around $12K if estimating by converting the UK price in pounds sterling. Is it going to come to the US anytime soon?

I just saw a post on advrider about this and I don't think those will land in the US. We have the Tiger Explorer which appears to fill that gap.

I own a Tiger 800 myself. Great bike.

LR, Are you about ready to scratch that itch?
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Not the old Tiger 1050, this is a refreshed design released last year. 126 hp / 78 lb-ft, ~ 500 lbs dry, chain drive. An entry into the sport touring segment instead of the adventure / travel enduro arena. Looks good except for the "1050" graphic all over the tank.

I can't find an exact US msrp for it but it would be around $12K if estimating by converting the UK price in pounds sterling. Is it going to come to the US anytime soon?

This one?
http://www.motorcycle.com/manufacturer/triumph/2016-triumph-tiger-sport-announced.html

Originally Posted By: gman2304
LR, Are you about ready to scratch that itch?
wink.gif

Just looking around. Still pretty undecided.

Have loved that bike since it was released a while back. Has a nice sporty look with the proven and torquey 1050cc triple... Shame they never saw fit to bring it to North America... can they interest you in a Bobber? lol The fact that the latter has been the fastest selling new Triumph speaks volumes about the modern NA motorcycle market, and why we won't get the Tiger Sport...

I think the Versys 1000 hits about 110hp/70lb-ft. I gotta admit that I like triples, v-twins, parallel twins and V-4s. Maybe just to be a little different. My friend had a Daytona 675 that had a nice, special sound to it. Probably explains why I like Monsters, Speed Triples and VFRs.

Originally Posted By: EdwardC
I gotta admit that I like triples ...

Yep, I love the power and sound of my Yamaha XSR900 triple. First triple I've ever owned.

It's been a few years since I looked at adventure bikes, but when I did, there was a vast difference in quality/fit/finish/materials between a Tiger and a Versys. The Tiger seemed to be in a whole different league.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
It's been a few years since I looked at adventure bikes, but when I did, there was a vast difference in quality/fit/finish/materials between a Tiger and a Versys. The Tiger seemed to be in a whole different league.

You're right about that. I had a 2011 Tiger until I foolishly test road a Speed Triple, that later tried to kill me.
grin.gif
I have a Versys now, since Triumph won't send me a Sport. The Versys is an excellent bike and I really like it, but the Tiger was finished better and more refined in the details.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back