Best OTC Tire Shine ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
What is the best Tire Shine available at WM or other local stores ? Needs are it has to be safe for the tires , no oily / runny tire shines which stain . Lastly , I don't need a wet look - just a deep black , low gloss tire shine ...

Low-gloss shine, eh? bit of an oxymoron...

I like Griot's Long Lasting Tire Dressing. Thick gel that doesn't sling off of your tires. Apply it heavy or light.

I use 303 Aerospace UV Protectant Spray. Gives my tires a nice, deep, low-gloss finish and lasts longer than other tire-shine products. You can buy it retail at outdoorsy stores like Cabela's, and some Ace Hardware stores carry it. Amazon is another option.

Anything you put on your tires will attract a ton of dirt and dust the very second you drive it. I avoid tire dressings like the plaque. It looks nice sitting on the showroom floor,but in real life applications I find tire dressings to be awful.

I don't know about best, but Wipe New Tire Wipe Kit worked great. I put it on my Jeep and the tires still looked good at the 7 month mark. I was real careful and prepped (read: cleaned) per the instructions (it was a fair amount of work cleaning). I liked that the end result wasn't real shiny and didn't seem to attract dirt (other products I have used did attract dirt); I would definitely use the product again.

Originally Posted By: Exit32
I use 303 Aerospace UV Protectant Spray. Gives my tires a nice, deep, low-gloss finish and lasts longer than other tire-shine products. You can buy it retail at outdoorsy stores like Cabela's, and some Ace Hardware stores carry it. Amazon is another option.

AutoZone is now carrying 303 as well. They just started having on their store shelves. I was in the AutoZone the other day, and was looking over their protectants and saw the 303. It is listed on their website.

Surf City Beyond black is what I've been using recently. It's available at Walmart. Water based so it won't attract as much dirt as the oil based ones. Supposed to give a "new tire" type shine. I spray it on, wait a few minutes and wipe off the excess. Here's a tire right after application.

Thanks for the replies to date - I happen to have Aerospace #303 already so I will try that first ... The Surf City water based Beyond Black looks worth a try (I hate oil based tire shines) .

I use 303 as well, and I love the results. The best thing, in my mind, is that the 303 actually dries to a shine, and thus does not leave the tire sticky.. so dust does not build up.

I find that applying multiple coats increases the shine.

I haven't found 303 to be very long lasting, though I've never used it on tires.

I've been using McGuire's Endurance tire shine, and it lasts the longest of any I've used. It's a thick gel (oily) that I apply with a brush, and it takes some time. If you put on too much it slings off, so it's better to figure out how to use less, spending more time to spread it out. Because of its longevity, I stopped looking for better.

-m

303 is some nice stuff. If you're looking for a low gloss shine you can also use regular armor all. Just keep it to one even coat.

Some of the spray on foam types which clean as well as shine appear interesting ...

Originally Posted By: ChrisD46
Some of the spray on foam types which clean as well as shine appear interesting ...

I've found them to brown the tires after a few weeks. Same thing with the cheap Walmart tire shine.

Surf City is another very good one, plus a money back guarantee. Use with confidence.

Originally Posted By: pkunk
#
303 - SPF 40 for your things

This. It's basically a matte finish -- will make them look like new tires, but doesn't have the "these tires have goop all over them" look. It's also a legitimate protectant, unlike some tire dressings that are purely cosmetic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back