Kumho Solus TA31 - Thoughts?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nick1994

$100 site donor 2024
A set of these came on my Sonata when I bought it 2 months/ 4,100 miles ago. They were almost brand new. I've never had Kumho tires before so I was a little leery. So far I'm impressed. Decently quiet, very smooth, and good handling. I'll definitely be considering them when it comes time for replacement. I like them more than the General Altimax RT43s on my Camry.

Anybody have a set of these? Do they stay decent for the life of the tire or do they get noisy and bothersome?

Im thinking of them as well, they got high reviews on town fair tire
also check reviews in the tire rack and discount tire

Last edited:
I have 29000 miles on a set. Seems to be smooth and straight. Just back from west Texas where I ran 85 MPH for hours.

Originally Posted By: aquariuscsm
I love Kumhos. Cheap,smooth and quiet,and last forever.

I like Kumhos and Yokohama tires as they give very good value for the money.

I believe those came on my 13 Sonata. I won the lottery and squeaked out 45000 mile and they were bald. Nobody else I know even got that many miles. Started getting loud around 20k and kept getting louder. Found out they were all scalloping across the entire tread area. Absolute OEM JUNK in my case
15.gif
15.gif
The Stealership Service Manager blamed it on not rotating tires Twice a year. I just laughed at him
mad.gif
and told him he had a creative imagination.

Last edited:
I purchased a new set of Kumhos years ago, which completely tore apart my belief that all tires are just tires, and I could just get by replacing pairs with the cheapest used set the local tire dealer had.

I think they were Kumho Road Venture KL51, something like that, but I never had to mess with tires on a truck I drove hard, for 50k. Wore even and smooth. I buy tires in sets of 4 now! Not always Kumho, but the couple sets of Kumhos I've had have been great. I hate the name (they were okay when I was in my early 20's), but I don't want Kumho on my sidewalls any longer, even though I acknowledge that many "American" tires are made in South Korea as well, or some other far away land...

I'd buy them again, if I all the sudden need that extra $40 to feed my family or something, otherwise I suggest they change their name!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back