ST 3600 oil filter, unused CUT OPEN

Status
Not open for further replies.
Good afternoon folks. Here is a SUPER TECH ST 3600 oil filter cut open. Made by wix also.

Was going to run it when I've done 3 5k oci's with the FRAM pro synthetic 3614 but figured what the hey. Made February 1st, 2016 also

What do you think about this Captain?? Is it a fairly well built filter for it's price point??

Originally Posted By: Mr Nice
That's a good low cost filter.

I agree friend
smile.gif

Nice thanks for the post. I started using the $2.87 supertech filters on my wife's scion.

Was impressed with the weight and heft of the filter for that pricepoint. Running 5k runs, no startup knocking, I like it.

Originally Posted By: thorromig
I have no issues using them except winter time.

Are you still using ST SYN with the FU filter in the Acura?

Originally Posted By: JustinH
Nice thanks for the post. I started using the $2.87 supertech filters on my wife's scion.

Was impressed with the weight and heft of the filter for that pricepoint. Running 5k runs, no startup knocking, I like it.

If I quit buying clearance filters ST will probably be my go to filter for everything.
I have 4 more Wix made Car Quest Blue's and 2 Bosch Distance + (3600 size) for the Scion till I need anything for that, as well as a Distance + for the truck (but have a ST on it now).

I did just buy an Extra Guard for my sisters Hyundai Santa Fe, but she sometimes "forgets" to change her oil (gets it done before 10,000 miles, but after 8,000 miles quite often) so wanted a little reassurance over the ST.

Thank you for posting
thumbsup2.gif

Cheap Wixes are the best economy tier filter.

I see you were deciding between the ST3600 and the PFS3614. Why not an FPS3600?
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: blupupher
I did just buy an Extra Guard for my sisters Hyundai Santa Fe, but she sometimes "forgets" to change her oil (gets it done before 10,000 miles, but after 8,000 miles quite often) so wanted a little reassurance over the ST.

Why not an Ultra?
smile.gif

A) Thanks for the effort.
B) Maybe there should be a swatch taken from any new filter cut open and sent to a single location so there can be AT LEAST A DETERMINATION of what kind of media a filter is made from?

Then, in the future, if we find a way to measure the efficiency of media (rather than take a manufacturer's word for it) we can know more.

FOR EXAMPLE: How do people know the Fram Ultra is as good as it is?

Originally Posted By: car51
Originally Posted By: thorromig
I have no issues using them except winter time.

Are you still using ST SYN with the FU filter in the Acura?
Yes I am my friend, just got the Acura back about 2 weeks ago. Was in the body shop for 3 weeks. Somebody side swiped me & rolled off. Dont even have 2000 miles on the Super Tech Synthetic. Are you wondering if im gonna run a ST filter on that car -- the short answer is no.

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: car51
I was just curious if you still ran the ST SYN. Can't go wrong using that and FRAM ULTRA
smile.gif

I understand, have some Pennzoil Ultra Pure Plus 5W20 for when I hit 5000 miles on the Super Tech Synthetic to change out -- with "another" Fram Ultra!!!
wink.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: slacktide_bitog

Originally Posted By: blupupher

Why not an Ultra?
smile.gif

Oops, Tough Guard, not Extra Guard
crazy2.gif

The TG will do for her driving and mileage needs, XG is overkill.
I would get a ST over an Extra Guard.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
Car51 - thanks for the cut & post.

That is nice looking, well made economy filter.

Yes, I agree. I'll maybe buy one for the Camry after I run the MC FL-400S
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back