Looking for torque specs....

Status
Not open for further replies.
My mother's 2011 Civic EX has a growling noise coming from the pass rear. Yesterday I took her into the local honda dealer for a state inspection, to my surprise everything passed with flying colors. They only recommended a trans drain and fill.

Today she texts me, and it appears my sister also noticed the grinding noise and alerted my mother. Being that she's deaf she wants the wheel hub replaced asap. I'm taking it out tonight when she gets off work to verify it is the left rear bearing, however I'm having a rough time locating torque specs for the rear bearing.

Last edited:
Just got back, deffo is passenger rear, however I checked the owner's manual to confirm modern year and it's a 2012.

Torque specs for what ? That's not real clear in the first post.
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Torque specs for what ? That's not real clear in the first post.
confused2.gif

Originally Posted By: Hemispheres
I'm taking it out tonight when she gets off work to verify it is the left rear bearing, however I'm having a rough time locating torque specs for the rear bearing.

This is completely off topic but why in the heck is the state inspector recommending that you get the transmission fluid changed?

Originally Posted By: FowVay
This is completely off topic but why in the heck is the state inspector recommending that you get the transmission fluid changed?

Because state inspection is a chance for a money grab by a local mechanic. Always was when I lived in NY.

Not a money grab in Texas.

Originally Posted By: FowVay

Because as a courtesy the dealer checks all fluids on top of the vehicle inspection, and it wasn't a money grab. A few days prior to the inspection her A3 maintenance light came on which is for the 100k mile trans fluid interval.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back