Wal Mart Car Battery Value Power $48.88 Any Good?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: stewtheman
Yesterday they said it wasn't charged enough to test it. I brought it in today after charging it all night and they exchanged it without even testing it. I'm not complaining, just hoping this one lasts.

Hi there Stew,

What is the date code on the top of the battery. I was in Walmart on 4/3 and saw a value battery with a 4/17 date code. Talk about a fresh one.

As a reminder, this thread was started by someone who passed away recently.
frown.gif

Yeah SatinSilver I noticed this as well.... Makes me feel sad. I miss him being on here.

The date codes for both batteries were current month, 1/17 for the first and 4/17 for the replacement. Of course, they wouldn't be hard to swap. Sorry to hear about crazyoildude.

Wouldn't be hard to grab a bathroom scale and compare two like group batteries. Compare the MAXX to the Value Power.

Then don't be a douche and take the scale back to where you found it
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: javacontour
Wouldn't be hard to grab a bathroom scale and compare two like group batteries. Compare the MAXX to the Value Power.

Someone in another forum did just that with the 35 group size. He measured 30 lbs. for the VP, 32 lbs. for the Plus, and 35 lbs. for the Maxx.

Originally Posted by eljefino
Originally Posted by eljefino
I have one in my F150. Has a direct-drive starter and it chugs over the same as ever. The real test, of course, will be the upcoming winter.

So I finally drew the conclusion that my starter motor was drawing too many amps, and running too slowly.

Slapped a new one in. Same design as old, and I missspoke, they're both gear reduction.

Anyway, it starts great. Battery was a red herring, but it starts great with the valupower.

Well, here we are 37 months later and the battery barely has any life left in it. Am somewhat disappointed; never had a battery this lame.

I bought another. Serial number starts with E, presumably for Exide, while the old one was JC.

I put the old one on my HF tester, says "low battery" at 12.47 volts (45'F ambient) and 70% life remaining. Put it on a 6 amp charger and it immediately jumped up to 15.4V, so it has low/no capacity.

Notably the "red label" group 65 with 2 year warranty has every outward appearance of being identical to the 1 year value model (in Exide livery).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back