DIY ATF flush on 2013 Rav4 auto trans.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have performed an ATF flush via the trans return line on my Tacoma. However, I have not found any information to confirm if setting the ATF Temp mode is the same on the RAV4. If anyone has performed this procedure on a Gen 4.4 Rav4 I would appreciate any feedback. Thanks

Is there a drain plug on the pan? I cant answer your question, but on a vehicle with reasonable ground clearance, this may actually be a simpler process with less chance of hose damage.

Issue is there is no dipstick and to check the trans fluid level - through another check drain plug - the fluid has be a certain temp. Draining is the easy part, it's filling to the correct level that is hard.

Originally Posted By: KrisZ
Well, if you know the AT still has the factory fill in it, then putting the same amount that was drained will accomplish the desired ATF level.
Did this with my 07 4runner when I had it, parked it for a few days totally level in my garage, drained the factory fill WS, measured EXACTLY, pumped exactly the same amount back in and done, also WS. I made sure the temps were as close as possible by storing my new WS bottles next to my runner in the garage while it sat, maybe overkill but oh well

Drain and refill replaces about half the total fluid capacity. DIY flush is time consuming but not difficult. I will just attempt to put the Rav4 in ATF Temp Check mode. If successful I will proceed with a flush. Thanks all.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back