Electrical gremlin in my 300ZX

Status
Not open for further replies.
So my Nissan 300ZX is currently possessed, haha.

YouTube video here

Basically my RPMs fluctuate with the car off, and I also have my a/c pod lights flickering on and off.

I agree with previous assumptions that it's a short in the system somewhere, just wonder if anyone here has experienced an issue like this; particularly in a 300ZX.

Very common in old German/Japanese cars. Check the cluster board for corroded traces and/or a ground that has corroded or fallen off. You may want to add an extra ground to your instrument cluster - it will probably fix the problem.

While we're on the topic of grounds, it is probably time to replace ALL of them on the car. As cars age I see bad/weak grounds cause all kinds of weird things to happen.

Found this thread on another forum that I'll reference today:

300ZX ground points

I should mention that the car started up perfectly fine before I removed the brake booster.

Before installing the replacement brake booster, I cleaned up the area where the booster installs into the firewall.

While the booster is out and the paint is drying where I cleaned up, I decided to start the car and let it run for a bit, which the car did not start and is where this issue surfaced.

Power of deduction, I had to have hit or knocked something loose while removing the brake booster, so I'd say my ground issue is under dash, dash itself, or near the firewall: driver side.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back